Modern Tech & Ethics: Is artificial insemination of the dead OK?

Yep, there is no way a kid could understand that one.

I would find it just as uncomfortable if the couple had embryos stored away and father died. Cancer patient do this all the time. That is, make sure they have embryos stored before their treatments in case they no longer can have children.

hmm something tells me that once we start to legalise intra family insemination to extend the legency, there would be some legal repercussations, and even possibly complications in the common law, hell this would be a real hairball (no pun intended) to untangle....geez i think we shouldn't try play god...let the law deal with real people and keep it simplier, life is already rampant with complications of crimes geees , just imo
heck, at one point, jillo's remark - For one, does the mother have the right to her son's sperm? echoes the perversion of the law might go so far to condone 'medicalised incest', this is crazy.

I've heard about this story and she's kinda strange, I mean if a grandchild is born, she or he is going to ask about his or her own father, what is the grandmother going to say? Is she going to say well your father was dead before you were conceived. That just doesn't sound so right or normal.

Yeah, that's gonna put a whole new spin on all those old jokes like, "My momma left us before I was born..." stuff like that. I can just imagine someone being like, "Yeah, my dad died before my mom got pregnant..." and the other person laughing, and them having to say, "No... really..." :ugh: Awkward conversation for whoever they're having it with.

Back