Mispricing errors ftw.

Aleser

Reaction score
18359137.png

I just bought this TV, a 52 inch HDTV, from best buy for 10.61$ with tax. Yes, they'll probably refund my money once they catch on, but that was pretty funny. I will sure fuss up a stink if my promised TV does not arrive on the 18th, lol.

LOL... keep us informed!!! ;)

I wonder how many people bought the TV at that price... :hmm:

18359137.png

I just bought this TV, a 52 inch HDTV, from best buy for 10.61$ with tax. Yes, they'll probably refund my money once they catch on, but that was pretty funny. I will sure fuss up a stink if my promised TV does not arrive on the 18th, lol.

:laugh2: ROFL!!

Be sure to keep me updated!! 52 inch HDTV... wowee.. that's like heaven for my eyes and hubby would be drooling over the $9.99 price. Probably be nudging me to PM you for the website.. heh!

:laugh2: ROFL!!

Be sure to keep me updated!! 52 inch HDTV... wowee.. that's like heaven for my eyes and hubby would be drooling over the $9.99 price. Probably be nudging me to PM you for the website.. heh!

I just checked bestbuy but they no longer seem to have it (I did research by Model number) Too bad... :roll:

But I'm really curious if they really charge you 9,99 for that TV Aleser or if you get email that the sale was made by mistake at that price... :hmm: I dunno what the law says in the US in that matter but over here, they'd have to sell it to you at that price!

I got my first Game Boy for a similar much smaller price than it actually was :giggle:

Best Buy briefly offers HDTV for $9.99

Apparent error results in 99-percent
discount

Updated: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 10:32 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 9:36 AM EDT

TAMPA - Sharp-eyed shoppers may have spotted quite a deal on Best Buy's website this morning -- 52-inch HDTVs were apparently on sale for $9.99.

It's not clear when the fire sale started, but Best Buy had pulled the item from its website by 9 a.m., only moments after MyFoxTampaBay.com captured the screenshots attached to this story. Subsequent attempts to purchase the item were unsuccessful.

The TV in question -- a Samsung LCD model -- usually sells for $1,500 or more.

MyFoxTampaBay.com is contacting the Minnesota-based retailer for a comment on the apparent error, but the terms and conditions of the Best Buy website make it clear that they consider themselves to be under no obligation to honor any orders for the mispriced TVs.

"Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice," the site states. "Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Best Buy reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted and whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged."

Similar mistakes in the past by other retailers have brought mixed results for the consumers who were hoping for a deal. Companies from Amazon.com to Target to Office Max have faced similar errors, and usually the retailer cancelled the orders.

Most recently, the government of Taiwan last month ordered Dell to honor a mistake in which 19-inch computer monitors were sold to 26,000 Taiwanese customers for only $15 eac

Looks like they will NOT honor it. :( Aleser.

I fear so... oh well... as long as your credit card won't be charge 1,500USD I think we're good ;) That's my POV... Can always buy another TV...

I just checked bestbuy but they no longer seem to have it (I did research by Model number) Too bad... :roll:

But I'm really curious if they really charge you 9,99 for that TV Aleser or if you get email that the sale was made by mistake at that price... :hmm: I dunno what the law says in the US in that matter but over here, they'd have to sell it to you at that price!

I got my first Game Boy for a similar much smaller price than it actually was :giggle:

My bank account was charged 10.61$ usd. I made the purchase around 4 am, well before it was featured on the news site, so I was able to 'successfully' purchase it.

I fear so... oh well... as long as your credit card won't be charge 1,500USD I think we're good ;) That's my POV... Can always buy another TV...

Yeah, it was just for fun. If I happen to get a TV, great.

totally priceless!!

but bestbuy not acceptance for less money to pay for that i saw hdtv and plasma more money than under $10!!

Just when Best Buy tries to act like craigslist, they just pull the bait and switch on its customers.

I do think they should honor the $9.99 price since it was sold for that amount, a price just like any other number for every other product.

Mod note:

Thread has been merged.

I did read about that on news since Best Buy Headquarter is located in Richfield, MN (Suburban of Minneapolis). They refund people who made purchase and changed back to orginial price not 9.99.

Back