Mirrors, Mirrors...on the walls

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Not for just "admiring" urselves....I have so many, but they help me see from all angles in my home.....Just bought another big one yesterday, hung it in the dining room. From my computer, I can see someone coming down the stairs.

Any of you guys use mirrors for this purpose? They not only make ur home/apt/condo rooms look bigger, they serve a dual purpose for HOH or deafies.

I don't think I ever situated a mirror for that purpose, however, for the many mirrors I have, I have an occasional one that is good for checking out incoming traffic and I find myself using those for that reason.

When we had our own home, I really relied on my mirrors. I had them everywhere after I lost all mu hearing. MIL will not let us here. She has a big one in the living room, but it only shows a wall. I think I am going to buy a bunch of the "baby" mirrors like they used in a car to keep an eye on baby and put them up here and there in spite of MIL.

I have small stick on mirrors above my back patio door...when I'm looking outside, I can also look into the mirrors and see if anyone is coming in the front door.

I want one big mirror, not to look at myself but to make my house "cool". LOL!

I want one big mirror, not to look at myself but to make my house "cool". LOL!

Dunno if my house looks "cool"...beveled glass is my fav., but a bitch to install on the walls (so heavy). The one I just bought is beveled glass and has white wrought iron along the diameter. Thinking of putting some greenery on it.

Only downside of mirrors of getting a look at urself when ya wake up in the AM...hair a mess, baggy eyes and an old housecoat.

One of my neighbors came over today to see my new mirror and she couldn't stop fooling around with her hair!

I have at least 15 mirrors packed carefully with blankets and quilts in the garage. Ranging in sizes from 8 X10 to 64 X 72.

Dunno if my house looks "cool"...beveled glass is my fav., but a bitch to install on the walls (so heavy). The one I just bought is beveled glass and has white wrought iron along the diameter. Thinking of putting some greenery on it.

Only downside of mirrors of getting a look at urself when ya wake up in the AM...hair a mess, baggy eyes and an old housecoat.

One of my neighbors came over today to see my new mirror and she couldn't stop fooling around with her hair!

My dream career when I was in high school was interior designing so I am still fascinated with it and I am always coming up with new ideas for my house. Just too bad thatI dont have the money nor the time to make my house a spectatular showcase. Someday...

I have at least 15 mirrors packed carefully with blankets and quilts in the garage. Ranging in sizes from 8 X10 to 64 X 72.

WOW!...That's a lot of glass...A friend of mine installed mirrors to fill up an entire large wall in her den....we went over there to practice "belly dancing"...it was fun! She said it also helped her to lose weight, and everytime she went by the mirror, she "sucked in" her belly!

What do they look like?

All but one are framed. Mostly with wood. Nothing decorative. We kept them clean and plain so as to not lose any of the reflection.

Oh, I also have a box of mirror tiles that have a beach scene etched in it.

I use the mirror on my cubicle wall while i sit in front of the computer. The computer is against the wall so I can see the mirror in my back anyone comes in my cubicle or i would get startled too frequent. So I need the mirror!

All but one are framed. Mostly with wood. Nothing decorative. We kept them clean and plain so as to not lose any of the reflection.

Oh, I also have a box of mirror tiles that have a beach scene etched in it.

I am really into the cast iron styles so if you have any and want to sell them, let me know. :)

I use the mirror on my cubicle wall while i sit in front of the computer. The computer is against the wall so I can see the mirror in my back anyone comes in my cubicle or i would get startled too frequent. So I need the mirror!

the computer is in front of a "bay" window so I can see what my neighbors are up to while chatting with all of you...LMAO!

Wow.. 15 mirrors?? Why not sell them? That's a suggestion.

I have a large black iron sun shape mirror in the hallway. It's heavy.

Back