"milk"

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
Does anyone seen this movie? It was based on a true story. I cried at end of the movie! :(

On my this thread, NO BASHING about gay, lesbians, Bisexual etc. Or you'll be reported to MOD. This must be friendly and open minded thread. Thank you! :)

Movie link

MILK Movie

Here more info on Harvey Milk.

Harvey Milk

Last edited:
i haven't see the movie yet but it seems interesting i would put that on my list to rent,

and thanks

Welcome Moonflower! I rented it from Red Box for only a buck but I got a free code that someone gave it to me on Mondays. I happened was in mood to rent one movie. :)

DO NOT LET KIDS to see it! It is rated "R". I did explained to my son, rated "R" means over 16 years old can watch it...he went aww mom! Love the way he say that once a while! I cherish my kid, and I wanted to him to learn follow. I did watched "R" around 13 or 14 years old but not too much. :)

My folks and I saw it together and we all thought it was a very powerful, well-acted movie with a story that is important to be told. My mom remembers when that happened and was very saddened by it.
<on a side note,yes, I am out to my folks as a bi person>

Byrdie and I had an in depth discussion about Harvey Milk's story a while back. The movie is good, the book is even better. I would recommend it to everyone. It is a powerful story..

I didn't realized you two did discussed about it! :) Book ummm I should rent one from the library. :)

Yea it is powerful story....I was so proud what he did and fought for Gay right! Otherwise if he didn't, then Gay, Lesbian, BI, etc will remain hidden in the closet!

Byrdie and I had an in depth discussion about Harvey Milk's story a while back. The movie is good, the book is even better. I would recommend it to everyone. It is a powerful story..

I didn't realized you two did discussed about it! :) Book ummm I should rent one from the library. :)

Yea it is powerful story....I was so proud what he did and fought for Gay right! Otherwise if he didn't, then Gay, Lesbian, BI, etc will remain hidden in the closet!

I agree. He was a very courageous man.

I saw this movie about a week ago and I thought it was good movie, very informative and I learned new things that I didn't know before. It was sad at the end.... But nonetheless it's good movie

I agree. He was a very courageous man.

Even Sean Penn (whom i dont think he's gay) was couragous to take an acting role as Harvey Milk, all this sensous kissing all that. This would be unnerving for a straight man to do this for camera (unless he's a bi, but I doubt it)

Sean Penn is one of my favourite actor, he took on difficult roles in to name a few flims......such as Dead man walking, My name is Sam, Falcon and the snowman, Assisination of richard nixon...
sorry for a little distraction, but yes its a good film, i always like historical, and politicial films, especially when it has a significant social/political movements set off from it

Even Sean Penn (whom i dont think he's gay) was couragous to take an acting role as Harvey Milk, all this sensous kissing all that. This would be unnerving for a straight man to do this for camera (unless he's a bi, but I doubt it)

Sean Penn is one of my favourite actor, he took on difficult roles in to name a few flims......such as Dead man walking, My name is Sam, Falcon and the snowman, Assisination of richard nixon...
sorry for a little distraction, but yes its a good film, i always like historical, and politicial films, especially when it has a significant social/political movements set off from it

I agree with you about Sean Penn. He has shown that he has great versatitlity in the roles he has played. My Name is Sam is one of my favorites. Such a difficult role to do without becoming a stereotype. I think he did an amazing job as Harvey Milk.

Late Harvey Milk was originally from New York City moved to San Francisco in early 1970s with his former lover at that time. Harvey fought the rights for GLBT community in that decade and eventually got the respect from those people and peers. He was the first openly gay activist at that time. Sadly, he and Mayor George Moscone were murdered by a psycho named Daniel White. If Harvey was not there in SF at that time, so GLBT would be in the dark ages and still face persecution or stigmatization from other people like GLBT in NYC during the 1950s-1960s.

Sean Penn and James Franco are excellent actors in MILK movie. Of course, I drool over James Franco's handsome smile...he is cute! :giggle: Sean Penn has several complex roles such as "I am Sam", "Bad Boys", and etc. His role of Jeff Spicoli of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" was the funniest one.

i want see that movie also i would agree with post!! i love true stories and biography in their lifes and true person makes story in pasts.

i love true story and biographies too,because their are very good to watch.

me too
i want see that movie also i would agree with post!! i love true stories and biography in their lifes and true person makes story in pasts.

You agreed? Ummm you totally against to Gay and Lesbian! I bet you will go "EEWWWWW".

Sounds like a movie to consider when I rent again. I love powerful stories that changed people's perspectives.

Back