Microwave makes things taste yucky

yesterday and today with all this snow I stayed home alot more and made a lotta food in advance. I made two casseroles- different kinds - and salads, and baked chicken and and some of the breakfast for tomorrow morning. Mornings are always hectic, getting food for 2 people and 2 dogs, clean up etc. And hubby has to blow snow again tomorrow. So I used our new oven a lot. We have a gas oven too.

You're efficient! :) I wish I would work up energy to make several meals in advance.

:ty: I guess I had an energy spurt with cooking!
and actually sometimes I'm in a mood to explore new things to put in casseroles, or a new way of making it. I never use any recipes.
The one Italian casserole was cheaper than official lasagna and my husband loved it. I had a bunch of leftover spiral pasta noodles and tried 3 different kinds of sauce in it and a combo of dairy-based and non-dairy <coconut> cheese.

I microwave scrambled eggs. I like them like that. I also use it for corn or beans but that is about it. Toaster ovens rock!

We had one of those microwave pasta cookers, and it didn't work well . It works much better to just boil it on the stove.

I use 1,500 watt microwave is stronger can boil water well. I never buy cheap microwave with 500-800 watt.

Microwaving meat tends to turn it into rubber, but the good thing about chicken is...it's good cold :D

Bread is bad in the microwave too, but if you wrap it in a paper towel it's all right.

It depends on what part of chicken.
Chicken breasts tend to dry out easily on the stove and in the microwave (which tends to suck moisture out) so they have to be cooked quickly... I like to throw them on a hot grill for best results. I've never saved cooked breast meat for later.

I guess making chicken salad out of cooked leftovers is probably the happiest ending it could reach.

Drumsticks on the other hand are far more forgiving.

You can cook them on low heat, high heat, in the oven, even in the microwave to a degree (the microwave can boil the blood and bring it to a safe eating temperature), and you can reheat it in the microwave with no problems.

For this reason I only buy breast meat in the summer when the grill is easier to get to.
Other seasons, I stick to seafood and drumsticks.

lol the pasta boat. I ended up with one when my step-grandma went into the senior citizen's home.. uuhhhhh my microwave is too small for it. I had no use for it so I got rid of it.

Funny enough, after seeing this thread, I came across an article about microwaves on Yahoo. it made me laugh.

but anyway, I do use the microwave a lot. I'm kinda lazy, don't much care for cooking... sometimes I use the crockpot and let something cook all day, otherwise I find something I can throw in the microwave. Every once in a while I'll have the patience to cook on the stove or in the oven. kind of depends on what I'm cooking.

Our toaster oven is used far more often than our microwave .... but for a quick reheat, a partial thaw or making popcorn, our microwave is indispensible.

Microwave are good for lazy and "not care about health" cookers.

:Oops: Geeze~! Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :giggle:

I wouldn't call it lazy that I was working 14 hours today and tried to microwave the healthy food I brought with me to work. Pft! :ty:

mcrowave over is usefulm i dont use it for cooking alot, but for brocoills, fantastci, scrambled eggs, or eggs, i use it to thaw meat then cook on stove , i like stri frys , or slow cooker meals. i have a good recipe for chocolate fudge for microwave...actually my mum wrote and published a microwave cook book back in the 1980s...

i still use it, meatballs are great in microwave...
even curried suasuages...

but for more serious cooking i use the stove, thawing veges and cooking in pots over stove except brocollis

i got no problem with microwave, and im health conscious too. just i dont use it for everything and i do avoid re-heating as much as i can
i bake pizzas in oven...

For microwave, you need put plenty of water and keep chicken moist.

I found leftover chicken taste better if bake in oven.

Wirelessly posted

I don't like the microwave. I prefer the old- fashion stove .

For microwave, you need put plenty of water and keep chicken moist.

I found leftover chicken taste better if bake in oven.
:( I've had school chicken breasts that seemed to have been reheated in a bath and they would come out rubbery (overcooked!) or soggy (breaded breast).

Chicken breast is a tricky meat to cook just right!

Hillshire-Farm-Grilled-Essentials.jpg

step2-kitchen-hillshire-farm-005.jpg

hillshire-1.jpg

Grilled-Essentials-1.jpg

Microwave are good for lazy and "not care about health" cookers.

Some people that are very busy and do not have time to cook . I only use my microwave to reheat food. I have a fairly new electric stove that take forever to cook . I wanted to put in a gas stove but was it not allowed in my condo.

I think you meant cooking and not nooking lol. Um, yeah left over pasta or rice stuff like that should not ever be reheat again because it gets all mushy at least in mine it does. Certain types of pizza's or breads get hard too really fast.

@Authentic that was both gross and funny what you said hahaha

Back