Michelle Obama knows ASL!

TWA...since you are a writer, get busy!

M'am, I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from speaking. We don't know who this TWA person is you speak of. As far as we're concerned, he doesn't even exist.

Thank You.

-Special Agent Smith, USSS

Just so you know, concerned citizens are encouraged to contact the White House on issues that are of interest.

Information on how to do so is here:

Submit Questions & Comments | The White House

and you can e-mail the First Lady here:

first.lady@whitehouse.gov

While it is unlikely that the President or First Lady will see your individual piece of mail, there is a communications unit that reads everything that comes in. If a lot of ASL-knowledgeable folks point out Michelle Obama's inadvertent signing, believe me, she will eventually learn about it (I'd guess she may have gotten the news already, actually.)

Does she need to apologize, or are certain things just better left alone??

I did think of calling or sending the White House an email about this!! But I decided it may not be a wise thing to do. I wonder if RD was told if they would pull the magazine off the shelves in stores. This is in public libraries too.

I did think of calling or sending the White House an email about this!! But I decided it may not be a wise thing to do. I wonder if RD was told if they would pull the magazine off the shelves in stores. This is in public libraries too.

Why wouldn't it be a wise thing to do? It's fine. That's why they staff a communications unit, to give the Presidential staff a briefing of what subjects the public is commenting on, and in turn, that staff gives the President an even more condensed summary.

Mrs. Obama has her own staff that controls her image, and this is something they should know. They don't want to accidentally put out a picture that might cause her to be ridiculed or that would cause offense to any major group.

I would think the ASL using population has the sense to realize that Michelle Obama was not actually using a sign from ASL vocabulary, and that this was just a funny similarity. No one but the ASL using population would even notice the comparison, and they are all expressing humor, not offense.

I love Zillow!!

Love that they estimate Homeowner's insurance at "$84." Is that per year? Per month? Methinks it's a wee bit off....

TWA, do it! you dont live that far from the white house! :eek3:

Argh! I guess I can't keep up this SS charade.

Okay. Fine, I'll do it. Are you happy now?

See you in 10 years when they let me out of federal person. :wave:

her sign is actually appropriate for "family value" theme.

if you don't have a family and you're reading that magazine about it, she's telling you to make a family :naughty:

kinda sexist dont you think? women are considered as "breeding pods" a bit of a political fuck up like reproducing norms of womens place in society...

maybe she's a dyke in the closet:giggle:

:wave: I will miss you, but it is a noble cause.

speaking of charade, as anyone see "Fast and Loose" on TV? a british comedy show, it is Hilarious

Same as Oregon University, their sign said "O", there are vary as lazy sign appear to look like pussy.

I would think the ASL using population has the sense to realize that Michelle Obama was not actually using a sign from ASL vocabulary, and that this was just a funny similarity. No one but the ASL using population would even notice the comparison, and they are all expressing humor, not offense.

Yepp...

We talked about that at work today. Everyone thought it was ironic and funny. We all arent stupid to think she was doing that on purpose.

Back