Meniere's Disease

binksamani

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm a bit scared and wanted to express that and get some advice. I went to see a doctor about my ears, and he said that my symptoms coincide with that of people with Meniere's disease. I'm scared that i have it, does anyone else have it on here? And can you tell me some ways you stopped being afraid or why you aren't. I'm sorry, but this is the first time I've had a doctor be this serious to me. :Ohno:

Yah, Meniere's can be pretty crappy. I wouldn't get super scared yet. In many cases the symptoms just go away after a while. I had it when I was a little kid than it went away until about four years ago. Now I am deaf because of it but the problem with Meniere's isn't the hearing loss. It is the vertigo.

I wouldn't get too worried until you are absolutely sure you have it. A lot of people are capable of managing their symptoms.

Thank you, i've had vertigo attacks almost regularly for over a year now, but i just thought it was because of my vegetarianism, or that's what my mother would say... then i thought the double vision was just because im weird, which is also what my mother would tell me... but now i dont know. I know you're right, it's not the name that's scary, because no matter what you call it, it's still what it is... thank you for getting a little stress of of me :) :ty:

I been ill last few days not sure if it my meniers or Danish oil fumes....try flax seed oil my son use it all the time he no have vertigo

My cousin has it. He's an mechanic. Theres high DBs on working with drills and working up engines

I was diagnosed about a year ago. It can be very scary and is definitely a life/game changer. For me, my hearing went down a lot faster than my docs had anticipated. In the last year and a half I went from full hearing to now being HoH. Some days I'm almost completely Deaf. I'm the only person in my family with this lovely disease and it's hard to deal with. BUT, it has also brought me to some very cool things I never would have known without it. For example, I'm learning ASL and have met some awesome Deaf and HoH friends! It can be a blessing and a curse and every day is different, but you'll adjust your life to it and eventually be able to look at it as I do.

I have it. I've found that eating healthy has helped. For me, drinking decaf coffee/tea has also helped. Work out a schedule of exercise and healthy eating. You'll be OK.

Thank you, i'll try flax seed, i hope it helps. :D :ty:

I was being flippant,my son veggi and diet lacks B12 so flax keeps that up.From what I study about meniors it covers all sorts of things even arthritis of neck...For myself I had two forms one where lose balance even lying down wakes me up and indeed it very scarey and the other form I feel dizzy and very sick..My study of it states many meniors suffers can go years between attacks I have found the balance type not so frequent but things can set it off HA for me make me feel terrible so I fly solo without..Good luck with it and I hope you find something that helps,each person had individual things but if you are trying alternative things don't use rosemary oil

Back