Maui gave me an owie:-)

Desperately want to be able to roll over, my arse is getting sore.:) Trying to stay positive cos this is my favorite time of year. Watching all the Christmas commercials is stressing me out a little since shopping will be limited this year. Still making hubby laugh which is always the best medicine. Still waiting to get an appointment with my Orthopedic surgeon, HMO referrals take forever.

Have never dealt with a HMO but it seems like why you are asking for a referral should make a difference in processing.

Have never dealt with a HMO but it seems like why you are asking for a referral should make a difference in processing.

I thought a broken leg would be enough to get me in right away. Maybe since it has already been put in a brace their not thinking this is too urgent. Hopefully they are right:hmm:

write a letter to Santa and ask if you can borrow some elves :)

Hopefully everything gets worked out with the HMO and you get in soon!

If you're not too picky about your decorations, etc., maybe you could contact a school, church, boy or girl scouts and see if there are kids who would like to help. Perhaps for a community service project. Even college kids may need to do community service projects.

You could, of course, direct them as to what goes where, etc.

Hubby called the Orthopedic surgeon..get this, they got the approval to see me on Wednesday but didn't call me. They can't see me because I am "urgent" and they have no openings for two weeks. Now primary care doctor needs to get me in somewhere. I guess if your going go break your leg, don't do it near a holiday.

I opened my brace to put some powder on my leg. Still can't see my kneecap.:-(
Maybe I can get Botti to post the picture since I STILL can't figure out how to do it. Sorry Botti!!

I opened my brace to put some powder on my leg. Still can't see my kneecap.:-(
Maybe I can get Botti to post the picture since I STILL can't figure out how to do it. Sorry Botti!!

No problem, just email me and I will put it up for you. :wave:

Thanks Botti, did you receive my email? No hurry!!!

I did, and have been repeatedly failing to upload the photo to tinypic so I can post it.

Bad internet speed for me tonight! But finally got it///

19a551.jpg

Botti, thanks and sorry for all the trouble!!! Sleep well.

I finally have an appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon this Friday:) took long enough!!

Have to go tomorrow to get more x-rays. Praying things are healing and maybe I might be able to get up soon.

Hope so....get ur arse in gear, Angel! :giggle:

and BTW...been using my Rollator a lot...getting really good at turning sharp cornors and such....and everybody gets out of my way....Even had one guy try to help me up the curb today....and I shot back...."Get ur hands off of me!"....:giggle:

Glad you have an appointment soon. How is it feeling? I used to call my leg "marshmallow leg" after I had surgery a few years ago. :giggle:

Finally saw the Orthopedic surgeon today. Funny but frustrating because he wanted to send me to the trauma surgeon who was the first Orthopedic doctor who said they were too busy to see me!!

He said I should have had surgery the day I broke my leg but since it has been a month and things have started to heal it was up to me. The surgery is HUGE, a ten inch cut, metal plate and six screws, OMG!!! Nope not going to do it. Got a new brace which is set for me to start bending my leg just a little. 6-8 weeks before he will consider me putting any weight on it. Knee replacement surgery in my future. As long as I can walk with minimal pain I will never, ever have that surgery!!! Finally got crutches but I am so far from being able to use them.

Feel like I am just falling apart!!!!!

Finally saw the Orthopedic surgeon today. Funny but frustrating because he wanted to send me to the trauma surgeon who was the first Orthopedic doctor who said they were too busy to see me!!

He said I should have had surgery the day I broke my leg but since it has been a month and things have started to heal it was up to me. The surgery is HUGE, a ten inch cut, metal plate and six screws, OMG!!! Nope not going to do it. Got a new brace which is set for me to start bending my leg just a little. 6-8 weeks before he will consider me putting any weight on it. Knee replacement surgery in my future. As long as I can walk with minimal pain I will never, ever have that surgery!!! Finally got crutches but I am so far from being able to use them.

Feel like I am just falling apart!!!!!

Good Luck! As far as the crutches are concerned some people find they work better on stairs but others find a walker more stable than crutches.

It has been 6 weeks today since I broke my leg. Shouldn't it be looking better?

I will see if I can get Botts to post my picture. Hopefully she isn't getting tired of me:):)

It has been 6 weeks today since I broke my leg. Shouldn't it be looking better?

I will see if I can get Botts to post my picture. Hopefully she isn't getting tired of me:):)

Just got home. I will check my email.

Thanks Botts, hope your enjoying the snow. We never have a white Christmas but it is getting cold at night, mid 30's!!

I hope you received the flowers I sent you today at Maui Memorial Center? Again, if my FFM can help you and your husband upgrade to first class Im happy to donate them to ya.

Praying you have a pain free flight home tomorrow.

Sorry this happened and wishing you a quick recovery.
How generous. To offer your airline credits!

You rock!

Back