Married, but....

That was in 1950s. Today more children understand that divorces are common so they feel no shame.

no. not really. you watch too much tv.

no. not really. you watch too much tv.

:ty:

I am an adult child of a divorce, so is my wife. My siblings and I have all reacted and have all discussed how it has effected us. It was harder on one of my sisters. My older brother briefly talked to me about it and his opinions were the same as mine. I have listened to my wife and her sister talk about how their parents divorce effected them. There is hurt and there is anger and resentment. There is distrust of the parent whom filed and that parent is never going to get the same trust back, unfortunately.

Now, to clarify any issues anyone might have with what I have said - we all still love our parents. Both of them. We just know who we can trust and who we cannot trust is all.

:ty:

I am an adult child of a divorce, so is my wife. My siblings and I have all reacted and have all discussed how it has effected us. It was harder on one of my sisters. My older brother briefly talked to me about it and his opinions were the same as mine. I have listened to my wife and her sister talk about how their parents divorce effected them. There is hurt and there is anger and resentment. There is distrust of the parent whom filed and that parent is never going to get the same trust back, unfortunately.

Now, to clarify any issues anyone might have with what I have said - we all still love our parents. Both of them. We just know who we can trust and who we cannot trust is all.
My two nieces' parents are divorced when they were 14-16 and they don't feel bad about it. They understand that their divorced parents no longer love each other so they move on. They still contact their dad with no hard feeling.

My two nieces' parents are divorced when they were 14-16 and they don't feel bad about it. They understand that their divorced parents no longer love each other so they move on. They still contact their dad with no hard feeling.

they must have not told you the whole picture.

I have handful of friends whose parents are divorced or are divorced and I can't think of any single of them who feel that way.

they must have not told you the whole picture.

I have handful of friends whose parents are divorced or are divorced and I can't think of any single of them who feel that way.
Your friends are still disappointed that their parents are divorced. They need to grow up and move on. Maybe one day some of your friends get divorced, too. DUH!

Your friends are still disappointed that their parents are divorced. They need to grow up and move on.
they already did. I'm talking about the phase as described in Stein's post - "There is hurt and there is anger and resentment." and so on.

you're telling me that your two nieces were like *shrug* oh well?

Maybe one day some of your friends get divorced, too. DUH!
they already did.

they already did. I'm talking about the phase as described in Stein's post - "There is hurt and there is anger and resentment." and so on.

you're telling me that your two nieces were like *shrug* oh well?

they already did.
Some of the children are glad that their parents get divorced because they get sick and tired of hearing the fights between parents everyday. After divorce, now they (children) feel peace in the house.

OFC, children hate their dad who abuses their mom so they will be glad to see their dad go.

you are a real piece of work, leave Ambrosia alone.

I don't give a damn about what's PC ....blah blah blah....
Obviously.

Great to see you step out as her personal gladiator. No luck with the ladies down under? I find it humorous how you try to defend her at every turn. She could say something totally offensive (see above) and you would take a bullet for her. Good boy, here is a biscuit.:whip:

I don't care you weird creepy old man, why would think I care what think, you think weird creepy things.

:barf: you hardly ever post, and every time you do you makes digs at me, most if which I ignore, because your apparent fascination with is weird, and yes creepy. I'm repeating myself, but that pretty much sums it up.
According to my math, I have 3 times as many posts. Most of my comments were in the heavier threads. I don't spend much time here these days. If they open the politics, I would gladly participate more. I don't spend a lot of time with threads like "Zobmondo" or "Pictures of my toilet" topics. I have a wife and 4 kids, I work, and I exercise a lot.

I objected to your use of the "special olympics and retarded" comment. No need to defend your blatant ignorance. You posted a perfect example.

Glad that you find me creepy. It means the repellant is working.

Just to add, a cheating spouse that blames their husband, or wife, for their adulterous affair, is the lowest form of manipulator on the totem pole. Only the person who has cheated is the person responsible for the affair. Saying "the devil made me do it" only makes the cheater sound like a 5 year old. Claiming that you cheated because your spouse a) neglected you b) is bad in bed c) said something mean to you 5 years ago d) <insert any reason here> is just an attempt to demonize your spouse and in doing so, you become the "bully" and your spouse the "victim".

There is nothing worse than listening to a dishonest manipulator, when caught, start to cry "I'm a victim ... I'm a victim.....I'm a victim .... I'm a victim" and it quietly diminishes as they get further away from you.

For the disclaimer (only for the slow blondes who don't actually "get" what was actually said - the other blondes, you are ok :giggle: )

A legitimately abusive spouse will not listen to reason no matter how honest you are with them. I have seen legitimately controlling and abusive husbands refuse to stop beating their wives. I have seen those wives attempt to flee for their own safety. Fleeing from an abusive relationship is not 'cheating" it is called 'survival'. Claiming a spouse is "abusive" when they haven't been is just one of the tricks of the serial manipulator and hurts actual DV victims. However, a controlling and domineering manipulator will twist what you have said completely around and find fault with you - and will then use that to inflict their abuse on you - whether or not this means they call you names ... tell you that you have "sucked the nice out of them" or whatever. It doesn't even matter if what was originally said was directed at them or not. A legitimately abusive person will impose themselves on any situation and try to take control.
They would also make a comment about "Special Olympics" and think it is funny. The nice was sucked out long ago, along with common sense and respect. I would like to hear the other side of the story, from the ex. I doubt it was one-sided.

That was in 1950s. Today more children understand that divorces are common so they feel no shame.

For example. one child's parents are divorced and his friends' parents are also divorced so that child realizes that he's not the only one.

Children can still love both parents whether they are married or divorced.
Divorce is common? Why is that? Because we have people that want to step out for a good time. Children of divorcing parents, regardless of age, suffer. Who enjoys the split holiday schedules? What about the grandkids?

Actually, I am already old, if you ask some of the people posting in this thread. Creepy, too. I like it that way.

Actually, nothing is worse than being called a creep by the females, aside that, is clear, you're a psycho

from now on, you're on the ignore. :bye:

:roll:

Oh that was for you "steiny"....I see you hiney, it's so nice and shiney if you don't hide it Ima...oh wait no, that's not your hiney, that's all of you. All ass. ALL the time.

Actually, nothing is worse than being called a creep by the females, aside that, is clear, you're a psycho

Very creepy, and a total perv, and what's with the posting about his wife This is not the first time he's said stuff like he finds his wife more attractive, smarter whatever than me. What is that? How weird is that? Like I'm supposed to care? I don't want him hot far me, that's just nasty. So, what? I'm supposed to be hurt I don't have his attention? pffft unfortunately I seem to, and it's freaking weird and I don't want it! :barf: Am I supped to be jealous? There's some woman out there that's "better" than me? I don't think I'm the cat's ass, there's plenty of women out there cute and smarter than me, I'm okay with that. But why??? it's weird and if we're going to be honest here.......she managed to land a deaf unemployed guy 30 years older than her. She must be awesome, I'm all green eyed monster over here. :roll: Damn fruit cakes

Blah blah blah...if we're going to be honest here.......she managed to land a deaf unemployed guy 30 years older than her.
Keep digging that hole. Landing a deaf (employed) guy is a failure now? Are you aware of the membership here? I would block you, along with Dog Boy, but I find your brand of stupidity to be mildly entertaining.

Something tells me you have been called that more than once. In fact, a little birdie told me a few things about your local reputation...

Thanks for the block. It means I don't need to see your drunken ramblings as you try to play the white knight.

Back