Votes: 35 53.8%
  • Civil Union

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • No answer or other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
Marriage!

Marriage has 1,138 federal rights.

Civil unions only have 300 state rights.

Separate but equal, hmm where have we heard that before?!

Separate but equal is NOT equal. Because the reason people would separate gay people is based on homophobia and bigotry.

We didnt force interracial couples to get CIVIL UNIONS. Atheists marry and we don't force THEM to get civil unions.

My two cents..Love is love..it doesn't matter who it is rather it's straights or gays. You can't help who you fall in love with. I think they should have the same option us straight people have. Marriage, kids the whole package. WHy shouldn't htey have the same respect. If my daughters parenter was to be in the hosptial my daughter wouldn't be allowed any say or these other couples that have been to gether many many years. Give them the same rights

To be compare, UK and some EU countries are already offers civil unions or other partnership rights to gay couples.

For me, it's ok to grant an civil unions for gay couples based on state's decision but not marriage, I'm believe into traditional marriage, on between one man and one woman and my views has some change after shifted to Christian.

It should be up to state but not federal.

No question asked.

To be compare, UK and some EU countries are already offers civil unions or other partnership rights to gay couples.

For me, it's ok to grant an civil unions for gay couples based on state's decision but not marriage, I'm believe into traditional marriage, on between one man and one woman and my views has some change after shifted to Christian.

It should be up to state but not federal.

No question asked.

How can you say that you believe in equal rights for gays and lesbians but turn around and say "no" to their right to marry?

Secondly--it's okay for heterosexual to be married at the federal level but leave gays/lesbians at the state level? All you are creating is more divisions.

Traditional marriage doesn't exist anymore. Ward and June Cleaver don't exist anymore--never had and never will. :roll:

How can you say that you believe in equal rights for gays and lesbians but turn around and say "no" to their right to marry?

Secondly--it's okay for heterosexual to be married at the federal level but leave gays/lesbians at the state level? All you are creating is more divisions.

Traditional marriage doesn't exist anymore. Ward and June Cleaver don't exist anymore--never had and never will. :roll:

I don't care if you don't like my decision.

If you don't like it then don't discuss with me. :roll:

When you drag your views into the public spectrum, you will be questioned on them.

That is called a DEBATE.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

I don't care if you don't like my decision.

If you don't like it then don't discuss with me. :roll:

Why post your opinion then?

I agree what Brad said:

When you drag your views into the public spectrum, you will be questioned on them.

That is called a DEBATE.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen

So--can you answer my question or are you going to run and hide?

That is called a DEBATE.

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

No, due to other thread that mod said, everyone and I need respect in this section.
http://www.alldeaf.com/glbt-lounge/5051-respect-forum.html#post132819

This thread isn't under in on-topic debate section but under GLBT section, also you don't have any respect to members whoever disagree with views on gay marriage, members has rights to not discuss or answer your question for matters of reason.

I have much of respect to GLBT community, including support anti-discrimination, opposing the FMA, ban on gay marriage at federal level and it does violate state's rights and know that some gay and lesbian can't change their sex orientation, it's all of their business but don't like imagine of marriage for gay people and civil unions would better in sense, that's my belief.

Not every states are same when come to culture and religion, remember, religion discussion aren't allowed in this forum then I can't discuss with that.

If you or other members who push me into something like that then I could lose any respect in gay community.

WRONG.

Marriage is a FEDERAL issue, NOT a state issue.

Why? Marriage: 1,138 FEDERAL RIGHTS.

Heterosexual marriages are federally recognized, it is HYPOCRITICAL not to FEDERALLY recognize SAME-SEX marriages.

If people not e-kissing your arse makes you lose respect for people, you need to re-evaluate if you want to debate.

Separate but equal still ain't equal, and the only reason people want gays to have civil unions is based on hate and homophobia. GLBT people should NOT settle for second best just because "gay is icky" for some people. End. of. Story.

WRONG.

Marriage is a FEDERAL issue, NOT a state issue.

Why? Marriage: 1,138 FEDERAL RIGHTS.

Heterosexual marriages are federally recognized, it is HYPOCRITICAL not to FEDERALLY recognize SAME-SEX marriages.

If people not e-kissing your arse makes you lose respect for people, you need to re-evaluate if you want to debate.

You need read this post, this section isn't under on-topic debate and you need respect to anyone.
http://www.alldeaf.com/glbt-lounge/5051-respect-forum.html#post132819

Who cares? I don't need listen to your whine about want more rights, you can fight on your own and you don't have respect from me, I will not change my way, period.

AKA: I am giving you the FACTS, which you are calling WHINING because you have no good rebuttle argument.

This has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with you sticking your head in the ground and ignoring a good argument. Marriage has federal rights, it is a federal issue. Thanks for the easy debate, sweetcheeks.

AKA: I am giving you the FACTS, which you are calling WHINING because you have no good rebuttle argument.

This has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with you sticking your head in the ground and ignoring a good argument. Marriage has federal rights, it is a federal issue. Thanks for the easy debate, sweetcheeks.

I'm not going argue with you but that's my belief, period.

No, if you want debate then create new thread in on-topic debate and I will stay out of area.

Separate but equal isn't make sense, that's your opinion.

This is a debate thread. Don't like what I have to say, don't post.

Duh?

If it's debate thread then need be in on-topic debate section.

Any members have rights to not want debate or discuss for matters of reason if thread isn't under on-topic debate.

It's not easy debate but rather not want to debate with you.

LOL. Then stop posting, or respond to the actual TOPIC.

Marriage = 1138 FEDERAL RIGHTS.

THANKS.

LOL. Then stop posting, or respond to the actual TOPIC.

Marriage = 1138 FEDERAL RIGHTS.

THANKS.

No, I have rights to express my belief without any debate, that's my opinion to express about between on civil unions and marriage.

And it is MY RIGHT to comment on YOUR views.

Put your big boy panties on and deal with it.

Back