Marijuana

yep. i was a teen from the "just say no" to drugs generation of the early 80s.

induce a flashback? how so?

My therapist explained to me that trying drugs out would probably not be a good idea for me because of the unpredictable ways it could mess with my PTSD. And I would just rather not find out.

My therapist explained to me that trying drugs out would probably not be a good idea for me because of the unpredictable ways it could mess with my PTSD. And I would just rather not find out.

i don't understand the connection, sorry.

yep. i was a teen from the "just say no" to drugs generation of the early 80s.

I go by the "just say no" motto for myself but respect other people's choice to do drugs or not. I don't think it's my place to judge people for doing drugs.

if you don't mind my asking, how did you and your therapist get on the subject of taking recreational drugs vs. not taking recreational drugs? my therapist has never once mentioned to me anything about recreational drugs with the exception of alcohol which i can't take due to my bipolar meds.

I go by the "just say no" motto for myself but respect other people's choice to do drugs or not. I don't think it's my place to judge people for doing drugs.

i don't have an opinion one way or the other.

if you don't mind my asking, how did you and your therapist get on the subject of taking recreational drugs vs. not taking recreational drugs? my therapist has never once mentioned to me anything about recreational drugs with the exception of alcohol which i can't take due to my bipolar meds.

My dad brought it up in therapy. My dad does recreational drugs and made some joke about how I could really use getting stoned once in a while. Suffice to say it didn't go over so well with my therapist. She went into a whole lecture about how it would be especially risky for a patient like me. <shrugs shoulders> To be honest I don't completely understand the connection, but I think it has to do with the fact that drugs often inhibit mental barriers. And I would just rather not find out. Not to mention I don't have an interest in trying out marijuana anyway.

My dad brought it up in therapy. My dad does recreational drugs and made some joke about how I could really use getting stoned once in a while. Suffice to say it didn't go over so well with my therapist. She went into a whole lecture about how it would be especially risky for a patient like me. <shrugs shoulders> To be honest I don't completely understand the connection, but I think it has to do with the fact that drugs often inhibit mental barriers. And I would just rather not find out. Not to mention I don't have an interest in trying out marijuana anyway.

oh ok i see. funny thing is that marijuana has proven effective for medicinal purpose. inhibit mental barriers? i can probably name you bunch of other medications that can do those... :dunno: kinda ironic, si?

again - it's not for all. definitely not for me :laugh2: but I'll probably need it when i'm old and sick.

recreational drugs inhibit mental barriers for anyone who uses them -- not just those who have a mental illness or other condition. my therapist never mentioned the connection between taking recreational drugs and my ptsd and to be honest, i never thought about that either neither do i think there's any relationship to begin with.

oh ok i see. funny thing is that marijuana has proven effective for medicinal purpose.

I have glaucoma so it could help me medically. I'm still thinking about it. But at least for now I don't have much interest, and my eye pressure is under control and my eye pain is bearable.

I have glaucoma so it could help me medically. I'm still thinking about it. But at least for now I don't have much interest, and my eye pressure is under control and my eye pain is bearable.

let's hope it won't get to that point then..

I used to take cannabis. It made me really weak and stupid and I did a lot of things that I now feel very ashamed of under cannabis.

While I think it should be made available for terminally ill people who are benifited from Canabis. I'm not too sure of it's use for other conditions if a person wants to live any sort of normal life as Canabis consumsion would interfere with that. At least it did for me.

I wish someone had advised me not to take it but when I asked my dad he said it was no worse then alcohol. I think that people should warn others not to take cannabis or at least tell them about the side affects.

One thing though. When I decided to stop taking Canabis I didn't have any problem with that so I don't think it is adictive.

I'm for decriminalzing it, who cares. Stopping rape and violence matters more to me than someone bonging it up in the privacy of their own home.

i agree. inform the patient of all the risks and side effects and benefits and limitations and let them decide for themselves as long as they can make that decision.

I used to take cannabis. It made me really weak and stupid and I did a lot of things that I now feel very ashamed of under cannabis.

While I think it should be made available for terminally ill people who are benifited from Canabis. I'm not too sure of it's use for other conditions if a person wants to live any sort of normal life as Canabis consumsion would interfere with that. At least it did for me.

I wish someone had advised me not to take it but when I asked my dad he said it was no worse then alcohol. I think that people should warn others not to take cannabis or at least tell them about the side affects.

One thing though. When I decided to stop taking Canabis I didn't have any problem with that so I don't think it is adictive.

as I stated previously - cannabis is not for all.

I'm for decriminalzing it, who cares. Stopping rape and violence matters more to me than someone bonging it up in the privacy of their own home.

so true but sometimes they dont keep it on their own home. when i had high speed cable installed the guy putting it in dropped a black pouch in the hallway and didnt know he dropped it and i found it. i opened it and im still not 100% sure but i think it was a crack pipe? a small tye dyed looking thing that was about 3 inches long with a bowl in one end and a hole in the other. thats a crack pipe isnt it? the bowl had ash residue on it. id never seen one of those in my life.

so true but sometimes they dont keep it on their own home. when i had high speed cable installed the guy putting it in dropped a black pouch i the hallway and didnt know he dropped it and i found it. i opened it and im still not 100% sure but i think it was a crack pipe? a small tye dyed looking thing that was about 3 inches long with a bowl in in end and a hole in the other. thats a crack pipe isnt it? the bowl had ash residue on it. id never seen one of those in my life.

That's gross. I am sure people who have issues with drinking alcohol practice similar dumbassery.

Also, once its legalized, drug dealers wouldnt make money off .

They don't make much money out of it. I've heard of drug dealers who mixed cannabis with other drugs to get people hooked on it.

In fact I always wonder if I was JUST taking cannabis. Because sometimes the affect on me were differant then at other times. Like time would not flow normally. It was extremely jarred. Like I'd keep coming round. I don't really know how to explain it really.

XXXX It is ever so frustrating when you can't explain what you mean.

Back