manners when it come to wedding invites.

racheleggert

Reaction score
I notice that more deaf people (some hearing) ask for invites to my wedding including one of ADer here that I do not know well (she and her bf unfriended me for no reason on Facebook). Other I noticed one of my old neighbor from old place begged for wedding invitation on a friend of mime after she posted engagement ring picture.

How do brides or grooms feel about when someone beg or ask for wedding invitation? I know it is very rude and impolite to do that due to budget, some prefer courthouse, etc.

I usually say Only close friends and family due to tight budget.

Being married is about 2 adults who are ready to embrace the future together. The 2 of them, that is. That include moving past people who may be hurt about not getting invitation(s).

Maybe in the future, you'll have kids. Your kid may feel hurt about not being invited to a party or event. Life goes on.

Enjoy!!

I would tell people that you're ONLY inviting people that are an importance part of your bride and your life. You should not have to tell people any more that . I was having a birthday party for my daughter and one of her friend mother said that her daughter's cousin was visiting and if she could go too.
I only had enough room in my car for my daughter and her friends and I told the mother if she wanted to come and help me at the bowling alley the cousin could come too. The mother did not want to help , she just wanted a free baby sitter for 3 hours and I was not going to be it. Some people will try to get anything for free , and you do not need people trying to get a free meal at your wedding.

I was maid of honor and damage control in my best friends wedding last summer. Her mother in law was inviting people she didn't know to the bridal shower or the prior festivities to pressure her to add them to the list of invites in front of her. She dealt with it by telling them the venue caps their invites (even though they were not as big as the venue limited). She and her husband had X amount of invites themselves then gave their parents for example 10 invites each for people they didn't know but the parents thought it was important for.

You never have to invite everyone. It's a personal choice. But if it was me I certainly wouldn't want to pay for the dinner of someone I didn't feel was that close.

The photos too (this is where my brain goes as a photographer) - you don't want photo after photo of people you hardly know around you. I've made albums for people and they didn't know most of the faces of people as they were narrowing down their wedding selection. I even saw them a little frustrated about that too.

The people I'd cater to for a wedding would he those who helped define you (parents and family and friends who you've felt influenced by) and those who helped to define your relationship (friends who were there through the relationship or those who introduced you or couples you had dinner with).

My friend invited people who weren't going to the wedding to her bachelorette party.

We had 12 people at our wedding; that included us, the preacher, wedding party, and guests. No crashers! :lol:

We had 12 people at our wedding; that included us, the preacher, wedding party, and guests. No crashers! :lol:

I had only my daughter and my husband had his two sons and the JP when we got married. I did not want a big wedding and my family where upset they where not there too . So my older sister and mom had a dinner party for us. My mom wanted to invite one of her friend that I did not like so she came and my mom wanted her son there too and I was not happy about having my ex brother there. So I had to acted like I was happy he came for my mom sake . Then my younger sister called off our ex brother at my party and he fell apart and my older sister had to pamper him! When I found what my younger sister did I was pissed off , she thought she did a great thing calling her brother off. I told my sister there was a time and place for everything and I did not appreciate her starting a fight at my wedding party! Families ! Oy vey !

And after we got married we went out to Uno for pizza and had nice time just the 5 of us. The kids paid for the dinners and I did not want them spending a lot of money.
It sound like we had the same wedding planner. LOL!

same for hearing couples who have been asked by people who they know too little as well as well. We have been there before. My hub and I should have eloped in order to save $ and save the headaces from people. Oh well lol

same for hearing couples who have been asked by people who they know too little as well as well. We have been there before. My hub and I should have eloped in order to save $ and save the headaces from people. Oh well lol

deleted

If it was me, I would inform then that "Due to our budget, we can only have close family members and few very close friends. I hope you understand! And thank you for your profound interest in our wedding affairs!"

As long as it doesn't attack them, but recognize them, I think you would be fine. :)

Back