Man steps on a snake while busy on smartphone

The Joker

Reaction score
A man walking to work while concentrating on his smartphone showed why one shouldn’t walk while concentrating on their smartphone because you never know what you might run into—like a snake, for instance.

Tim Malone, a DJ at OK Skateland in Chickasha, Oklahoma, learned this lesson the hard way, as surveillance video from inside OK Skateland showed:

While on his way to work, Malone was studiously attending to his smartphone, not paying any attention to where he was walking, when he stepped on a four-foot bull snake, which went into attack mode and bit him in the leg.

“My adrenaline took over,” Malone told KOCO TV of Oklahoma City. “I realized it was a snake and I started kicking to get it off.”

It was suspected that the snake was attempting to escape the Oklahoma floodwaters.

Fortunately, Malone escaped with only minor scratches from the snake’s teeth marks, as a bull snake is not venomous. He also came away with proof that distracted walking really can be hazardous to your health.

Read more at http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/man-steps-on-a-snake-while-busy-on-smartphone/#2cMAL6UtRwCPqEs1.99

:Ohno::eek2:

That is scary. I am glad to know that the snake does not have a poison venom into the legs or ankles, even the wrists or hands. Learn the lesson not to use smartphone or cellphone anywhere you might walk into. I saw a commercial about a woman walking with her smartphone straight into the side of the water pool and she fell in. Hope she was not hurt. Also saw that the man with his smartphone and his take out food walked into the glass door. That is why it is important not to use smartphone while walking or driving. You have to pay attention where you are going. No wonder it is good idea to drive onto the shoulder of the road and for walking, put the smartphone away or sit at the bench to talk on the smartphone. You need safety to make sure you don't get into the accident. Just think smart.

That is scary. I am glad to know that the snake does not have a poison venom into the legs or ankles, even the wrists or hands. Learn the lesson not to use smartphone or cellphone anywhere you might walk into. I saw a commercial about a woman walking with her smartphone straight into the side of the water pool and she fell in. Hope she was not hurt. Also saw that the man with his smartphone and his take out food walked into the glass door. That is why it is important not to use smartphone while walking or driving. You have to pay attention where you are going. No wonder it is good idea to drive onto the shoulder of the road and for walking, put the smartphone away or sit at the bench to talk on the smartphone. You need safety to make sure you don't get into the accident. Just think smart.

The smart phone takes the smart from its users.

Back