Man Charged With Leaving 3 Blind, Deaf Adults In Car

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Man Charged With Leaving 3 Blind, Deaf Adults In Car - Pennsylvania News Story - WGAL The Susquehanna Valley

An Adams County man is charged with leaving three blind and deaf adults in a car for about an hour Sunday while he ate at a diner in Frederick, Md.

Brian Fleming, 47, was arrested when he came out of the diner as an ambulance arrived.

The ambulance was called because the three appeared to be hot and in distress, police said.

The men were taken back to Medsource Community Services, where Fleming was an employee.

Medsource said that he was fired for violating company policy.

A company representative said that the three men are doing fine.

I'm confused. Did this man leave these three people in the car just because they're deafblind? :confused:

If these deaf-blind individuals do not have any developmental delays, why couldn't they get out of the car?

I don't think they are deafblinds...

More like a mix of deaf and blind adults. I am thinking developmental delays.

That's what I'm confused about. What's the issue about them getting out of the car? Unless they have other disabilities, I don't see why they couldn't get out of the car themselves, and therefore how it's possible this man "left" them in the car.

If anyone did that to my father (who is deaf-blind) I'd beat their ass and then wait til they got out of the hospital and beat their ass again... then kill them! :rl:

I read in another article that they had the mental age of toddlers. So the deafblindness obviously wasn't the main issue. If anyone left me in a car and it got hot I'd just open one of the car doors to get a bit of air.

I have been wondering if he could not let them out of the car, why couldn't he have waited to eat until he had taken them where he was supposed to?

I read in another article that they had the mental age of toddlers. So the deafblindness obviously wasn't the main issue. If anyone left me in a car and it got hot I'd just open one of the car doors to get a bit of air.

Then I guess it's the fact the title in this article put the emphasis on the wrong disabilities. It pisses me off cause now how many people will have read this article and will now think that they couldn't get out of the car because of their deafblindness? :roll:

Then I guess it's the fact the title in this article put the emphasis on the wrong disabilities. It pisses me off cause now how many people will have read this article and will now think that they couldn't get out of the car because of their deafblindness? :roll:

They do that a lot. I think that's one of the biggest problems with blind that people focus on that as the main issue instead of on other things.

I know some blind and deafblind people and really their blindness is the least of their problems.

They do that a lot. I think that's one of the biggest problems with blind that people focus on that as the main issue instead of on other things.

I know some blind and deafblind people and really their blindness is the least of their problems.

Couldn't agree more, dreama, and it's definitely the case for me.

I know...some reporters are just plain stupid. Need to get educated.

yeah, I was wondering about that. If I get hot, I would get out of the car, or at least roll down the window although some car window can not be rolled down without the battery turned on.

I was surprised these people depend TOO much on a hearing/seeing person until you mentioned that they have mental age of a toddler.

Back