Man, 90, facing jail time for feeding homeless people

I live 15 mins away from where this is going on. The city of Ft.Lauderdale is getting a bad rap for it, so the police are saying...."we have no prob with feeding the homeless, but we want it to be done in a sanitary manner"
That is the bottom line of the statement. I find it utter BS. Who is going to enforce sanitation among the homeless, or anyone for all that mattters? They want hand washing facilities avail and proper restrooms & for it to be done in food prep proper manner (temperature, indoors rather than outdoors, refrigeration, etc)
The 90yo man is refusing to stop his practice of feeding the homeless and i havent heard anything lately bout it.

I wonder how may times a year the health inspector check out the restaurants and grocery stores to made sure there are no health violations .
I don't think this done in my city very often. I just saw an employee at Market Basket waiting to check people out and she was picking at pimple on her face , then she is going to be touching people food. :shock:

Hey Whatdidyousay....I used to work in the restaurant biz & the health inspectors come once a year unexpectantly. I think they go to big corporations more often. Down here in FL they find a lot of roach or rat infestations. And ya i have seen some pretty gross stuff...employees picking their nose, picking their ass, not washing hands frequently.

Question is... Will it be okay to give the sealed food package that brought direct from food store? Ex. Dorito chip.

Question is... Will it be okay to give the sealed food package that brought direct from food store? Ex. Dorito chip.

I doubt it , I am sure the state will come a some law forbidding you to so that. The state is good at finding ways to steal people money 'legally' .

I learned from the news that the judge had lift the ban for only 30 days which mean only in December as it is a Christmas month. After that, it will be back on the ban not to feed the homeless.

Come to think about one thing. What about Kitchens (mission places) for the homeless? They can eat in there. It is much safer than being outside. But if there is no Kitchens where the homeless could not get into. Then the 90 years old man has a reason why he wanted to feed the homeless so they won't get starve. He cares about their well being and want them to feel safe and happy. It is not easy to find a job if they don't have nice clothes and a place to live (need address). Beside poor people have problems and are down in their luck but only a handful of people managed to get a job and a place to live while the others could not because of their health problems.

The only fear is having them be out in the streets in the winter time. That is dangerous. Freezing and trying to stay warm outside instead of shelters if there are available to have enough rooms for them. :(

This man a treasure and I no understand why people feel this way about him...he an example of how to treat people,May be if more like him a rich country would not have these problems.
when I lived east London was indian temple and 12md they fed all the homeless it cultural thing but they did it with love.i wonder what F.l do I sure must be same religious sect there....no remember how to spell it but ones with turbans

Back