Lunches seized from kids in debt at Salt Lake City elementary

Nah; just make them skip lunch for a week. ;)

Yeah that is a better idea! This happen out here a kid had his lunch taken away because he was 40 cents short of money! What the HELL is going on with people ? People are losing their compassion for other people. I was at the park yesterday and saw I father with his little girl , the girl had on rain boots and no gloves and the dad had on a sweat jacket . It was freezing out and I wanted to ask the dad if I could give my gloves to his child but the dad looked like he did not want anything to do with people. I would of had no gloves on my hands but I have other pairs at home. The girl got so cold her dad had to carry her home. :( I been thinking about the little girl today and wish I knew some way to get some gloves to her.

Do all the deaf students get "free lunches?"....Not all the students are low income, are they?....Feel some parents can afford to buy their lunch.

Do all the deaf students get "free lunches?"....Not all the students are low income, are they?....Feel some parents can afford to buy their lunch.

Did anybody buy their lunch when you were at the deaf school?

It's different at the institutional boarding schools.

Deaf mainstream students follow the same criteria as all other students.

in new york state the government pay for children in deaf school for their meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) i only know my old school does that for many years.

Did anybody buy their lunch when you were at the deaf school?

It's different at the institutional boarding schools.

Deaf mainstream students follow the same criteria as all other students.

Not that I'm aware of...altho' I had no parents and that was back in the 60's....So feel sure that I would have qualified as "low income"....

from education funds, especially taxpayers.

Some city schools offer free lunches to children.

I don't mind to pay taxes to support nutrient needs for children.
Why should we pay for the lunches of kids who aren't poor?

You said: "Make lunch free to all students are best option, so no need to beat up the rich kids."

I'm sure many parents can afford the lunches more than you can.

I prefer my taxes help those truly in need.

You said: "Make lunch free to all students are best option, so no need to beat up the rich kids."

So do I....

Yes, I don't like corporate welfare and any of our money goes to Wall Street or oversea, especially bailout.

well yes I don't either but it's either that or another Great Depression

ew. I don't want school lunch. I either bring my own lunch or go home for lunch

Gotta admit...the 2 years I was at NCSD...I ate better there than in my whole life...breakfast, lunch and dinner....No coffee or Tea..just milk, 3 times a day. Played all sports and was very fit and healthy.

In bold, only if they are in deaf school and state government + federal government funded those school, also students at deaf school are required to eat lunch that served at cafeteria due to regulation.

It doesn't matter if you are poor or rich, so deaf school serves all students alike, regardless on parent's income, but rich parents likely to give their child a better quality items, such as nice bed sheet, nice comforter, good brand shampoo, soap, instead of any items that institutions buy for children to use it, especially cheaper soap and shampoo, cheaper sheet with blanket.

because it is best solution if you don't want poor kids to assault the rich kids to take their lunch money (sonocativo's concern - #9).

It is just like mandatory uniform policy make all students treat equally, regardless whoever is poor or rich, so offer free lunches make all students equally.

If you don't like idea, so what about serve lunch to children and send a bill to parent? That's fine with me if school serves lunch to students and send lunch bill to parent.

It is up to majority of taxpayers to make decision.

In bold, only if they are in deaf school and state government + federal government funded those school, also students at deaf school are required to eat lunch that served at cafeteria due to regulation.

It doesn't matter if you are poor or rich, so deaf school serves all students alike, regardless on parent's income, but rich parents likely to give their child a better quality items, such as nice bed sheet, nice comforter, good brand shampoo, soap, instead of any items that institutions buy for children to use it, especially cheaper soap and shampoo, cheaper sheet with blanket.
'Course times have changed....when I went to NCSD...we had to provide OUR OWN toothpaste, shampoo & soap...it was not free or given out....We did have a commissiary...where you could buy better products, etc., if you had the $$....I had to "bum" a lot since I had no parents...was rough!....Now-a-days...it's all "free"?

Gotta admit...the 2 years I was at NCSD...I ate better there than in my whole life...breakfast, lunch and dinner....No coffee or Tea..just milk, 3 times a day. Played all sports and was very fit and healthy.

At ASD, for breakfast, they got orange juice, apple juice or grape juice (tastes crap), milk (plain or chocolate); for lunch, they got milk (plain or chocolate) only for elementary school department (regulation require all elementary kids to drink milk, and milk/tea for high school department; for dinner, they get juices (several flavors), tea and milk.

Those foods taste HORRIBLE, but better than no food at all. :ugh:

'Course times have changed....when I went to NCSD...we had to provide OUR OWN toothpaste, shampoo & soap...it was not free or given out....We did have a commissiary...where you could buy better products, etc., if you had the $$....I had to "bum" a lot since I had no parents...was rough!....Now-a-days...it's all "free"?

Most kids at ASD do too - they got own products, but very few poor students use institution that bought or share from other students, but institution bought products are crappier and low quality.

Back