Lunch

You're totally welcome. I may try this as well. Right now, I want to treat MIL if I can and find a way I can make a pecan pie for her. She's not allowed to have nuts unless they are powdered now.

You're totally welcome. I may try this as well. Right now, I want to treat MIL if I can and find a way I can make a pecan pie for her. She's not allowed to have nuts unless they are powdered now.

powdered nuts? Ok, gotta erase that image from my brain... sorry about that.

ok my brain has been thoroughly sanitized. :fruit:

I'm not sure powdered nuts would go well with a Baklava dessert. That's like eating a steak from a blender.

powdered nuts? Ok, gotta erase that image from my brain... sorry about that.

ok my brain has been thoroughly sanitized. :fruit:

I'm not sure powdered nuts would go well with a Baklava dessert. That's like eating a steak from a blender.

Well - this post reminded me of something the title company mentioned to me today. They needed a copy of the death certificate for father-in-law unless we wanted to "dig him up and let him sign all the papers". Those were her words. I told her not to bring that up with MIL as she would be mortified.

Well - this post reminded me of something the title company mentioned to me today. They needed a copy of the death certificate for father-in-law unless we wanted to "dig him up and let him sign all the papers". Those were her words. I told her not to bring that up with MIL as she would be mortified.

OMG that's horrible! People think they are being funny and with the right person it probably is funny. But to the wrong person.... not good. Plus, it's not professional to joke around like that with your customers.

Hahaha, good choice of words, Kristina!

Stay tuned... Saturday is 'D' day for me... :Ohno:

'D' day as in

'D'on't mess up the kitchen too badly trying to make baklava. ;)

LOL! I was thinking more as in Dessert day! :)

Anyway the Baklava is in the oven and the honey syrup in simmering on the stove. I got some pictures. Will post shortly.

It's done. AND it's just fantastic!!! I'm so glad I don't have to share!!! he he he (sorry)

ok, here are the promised pics...

Attachments

• Baklava prep.jpg
    Baklava prep.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Baklava progress.jpg
    Baklava progress.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 7
  • Baklava oven.jpg
    Baklava oven.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Baklava Just checking.jpg
    Baklava Just checking.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Baklava Honey prep.jpg
    Baklava Honey prep.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Baklava Droooooolllll.jpg
    Baklava Droooooolllll.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Baklava oven fresh.jpg
    Baklava oven fresh.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 7
Last picture...

Attachments

• Baklava OMG good.jpg
    Baklava OMG good.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9
And??? How does it taste?

Miff... hold on... let me put this one down....

This is as good as I have ever experienced! Just as I remembered the first time was!!! I am so happy it came out so good! I really was not expecting it to be this good. and now I am getting full, I don't think I can eat the whole thing.

I am once again, at peace with the world.

Can these be frozen for later?

now, if only sex could be this good every time!!!

You could try freezing them, I don't know
OW!!!!! Was that a spot that just burst off your cheetah skin! It almost took my eye out! :giggle:

Back