Lost cochlear battery

I seen one of those keyring thingys. If it have a screw cap or zipper, I would use it. But if it snap open and close, more likely it will open if I drop my keys. I think I will still lose it that way.

No, they only gave me two but I wasn't a new implant user when I got Freedom. So I guess they only provide two rechargeable batteries to those who are exchanging their processors for a new one (Trade in). I had pay for the new processor out of my pocket anyhow so cutting back some of the supplies helped with the cost.

U can find those little zip up purse type keyring out in shops (we have many in UK!!) it does not have to be specific.

re your upgrade... ok I understand now thank you.

It's interesting to see how people manage with their CIs in US and UK....

My dad bought me a CI nucleus freedom battery holder. its a little blue container that you can hook it up on your keys and when your battery dies,you can put the dead battery in the blue container and take out the good battery. I always take it with me to school, in my purse or sometimes on my house keys so i won't forget it. It looks something like this: Freedom Keyring Battery Holder [z60876] - $15.00 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

It always helps. I thought this might be a good idea for you. Whenever i have a dead battery, i just bring my blue container. and the thing is it is only 15 dollars. Which isn't bad. Do you have a disposable CI battery holder? instead of buying the rechargeables it might save you a few extra bucks on buying another 40 bucks of rechargable batteries. I might ask my pit technican if i can keep a few batteries in my mallet bag whenever I have dead batteries.

What is your cochlear implant brand?? If you have Nucleus Freedom. You need to go cochlear website and find the rechargeable. You have to fill out for an insurance cover. The rechargeable is expensive than regular battery. Insurance can cover for new rechargeable and regular batteries. MY ci fell off and thud on the floor and rechargeable came out. I spotted it on the floor and pick it up. I am thinking about get earmold to hold my CI.

Pinky, i always had this problem before. I hated using the earmolds for my CI, trust me you don't really want to use it. So instead of getting the earmold [which probably costs more to get] i use this: Freedom Snugfit™ [xZ60971] - $36.00 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

Its really comfortable and its adjustable. It might break yes [i had it broke one time but luckily i had an extra] it comes in a package of 2 snugfits. and its a little bit expensive that what i see. But i tell you, its worth the money. I hated using those earmolds because it gets so humid and the earmold hurts my ear canal sometimes. And it gets clogged up from ear wax and having to clean it and not being able to let your air breath. But i really like this product. You should give it a try. I recommend it to you.

My dad bought me a CI nucleus freedom battery holder. its a little blue container that you can hook it up on your keys and when your battery dies,you can put the dead battery in the blue container and take out the good battery. I always take it with me to school, in my purse or sometimes on my house keys so i won't forget it. It looks something like this: Freedom Keyring Battery Holder [z60876] - $15.00 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

It always helps. I thought this might be a good idea for you. Whenever i have a dead battery, i just bring my blue container. and the thing is it is only 15 dollars. Which isn't bad. Do you have a disposable CI battery holder? instead of buying the rechargeables it might save you a few extra bucks on buying another 40 bucks of rechargable batteries. I might ask my pit technican if i can keep a few batteries in my mallet bag whenever I have dead batteries.

Thanks :) I was looking at that, and figured it is one of those snap on. I frequently drop my keys and I'm afraid I could lose them. I could keep it in my purse though.

Back