looking for friends

mountainman

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking to make friends and am interested in meeting new people and corresponding with you. I am trying to find people with similar interest as myself. Age, sex, or relationship status does not matter at all. I am only looking to be friends. I am very interested in learning about the hearing impaired community and really hoping to make some friend. Im very excited to learn and hopefully even be able to help someone somehow. I hope to hear from you soon

"hearing impaired"?

this is not a good start to making friends.....

overall people aren't impaired here

that is a first thing to learn:)

I have learned something already then. Thanks for the heads up! I am trying to be respectful without seeming inconsiderate. Just trying to make some friends and have good conversation and learn at the same time!

hey there bottesini. how are you? I am a hearing person looking to make friends and educate myself on the deaf and hoh culture. No better way to learn than to get some experience. Im trying to be really careful about the way I word things as I havent really discovered what is acceptable way to phrase things and what arent. I never mean to be malicious but sometimes its hard to understan how things are intended when read on the internet. I hope to talk to you soon

hey kelseyjody how are you? what part of Tennessee are you from? I am from eastern TN up around Gatlinburg! I love my mountains. I do alot of traveling because of my job. I am currently in Afghanistan again but I hope to be back before to long!

:wave:again, mountainman, no problem, hope you'll stick around to learn:)

hub and I have been to Gatlinburg, on our way to Greenville, SC, some years ago. We stopped at the Smokey Nat. Park and also in Gatlinburg and in Cherokee.

"hearing impaired"?

this is not a good start to making friends.....

overall people aren't impaired here

that is a first thing to learn:)

I have no issues with being called hearing impaired, because that my hearing lost is from nerve damage . It's all the same to me.

:wave:ok, I understand....

I wrote "overall" originally to clarify about the majority dislike of that term, while knowing that individually, some folks don't mind.

I had a couple of HOH friends in middle school when I was younger. Alot of people were not very nice to them because they used hearing aids and even one of the kids family was very mean to him. It honestly infuriated me. I was good friends with them until they both moved away and we have lost contact unfortunately. also since then I have made a couple friends that were HOH and had friends that have lost hearing due to the military.

Hi and welcome to Alldeaf. I'm from southern California. I see you travel overseas as part of your job. May I ask what you do for a living?

Hi Tousi. I am in the service. I have friends from southern california. Havent seen them in a long time. I am hoping to go there and visit with them one day. I have never been to Cali before

Hi Tousi. I am in the service. I have friends from southern california. Havent seen them in a long time. I am hoping to go there and visit with them one day. I have never been to Cali before

Thank you for your service to our country, Sir! I get the feeling that you really love your mountains, the Great Smokies so I presume you'd like to live out your life there? I have an understanding of desires like this as I was born and raised off a small farm in southern Minnesota and here I am 43 years later, still have a hankering for the kind of life I had growing up.

Oh absolutely Tousi! I grew up on a farm and spent all my younger days romping around the woods and mountains and rivers! always dragging home some kind of animal or pile of fish haha. I love the country life! What kind of farm did you grow up on? I love to talk about the farm and smiilar things haha

Salaam, Khosh Amadid! Chetorin? Hope you have learnt some Dari or Pashto while you are there in Afghanistan.
Cheers mate...

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back