Looking for community in southeast CT - RI

RedSatinDoll

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a hearing lesbian who is studying ASL at Interpreter program, Northwest CT Community College, and I am looking for Deaf Clubs, events, etc in SE CT or in Rhode Island (I live in New London CT). (All the CT happenings for Deaf seem to be located in western part of state. CT is small state, but driving from one side to the other is a nightmare with the roads! No east-west turnpike like Massachusetts has.)

When I started studying ASL and Deaf Culture I saw similarities with the oppression experience by gays and lesbians, but I never thought about the double oppression or the experience of Deaf gays and lesbians until then. I hope to learn a lot more about it. I would like to be as "out of the closet" as an interpreter as I am in my life generally.

Janice

. . . I saw similarities with the oppression experience by gays and lesbians . . .

Janice

Janice,

Nice rhetoric, but you don't see any similarities of oppression between homosexuals and deaf/hoh people. With all due respect, those two groups don't even mesh, so please don't be condescending towards us. We've fought battles that homos have never experienced. Sorry for raining on your parade.

Hello! :)

There website and info

DDHD? Or DDPH

I will post it later after I find it

:)

Back