looking for a author

hannahe05

Reaction score
I know that this is a very strange request but i am an author and i was wondering if anybody would like to help me with a new book i writing and i'm talking serious writing not half-ass stuff.

topic- its about a girl who was born DEAF but is able to play the violin and sing but nobody realizes that shes deaf because she can read lips but one man knows that she is deaf because he was her tutor for the past 7 years. But when she is forced into a marriage that only the man once the tutor kidnaps the girl to protect her from the outside world. But when she stops playing her violin her world becomes dark and there is nothing to live for. So this book would be about the 2 men and the main girl and many side characters and her trying to overcome her challenges of being deaf while trying to figure out who she is and what her place in the world is. There are going to be many underlying themes to this story but if anybody is interested then please contact me.

age group ,is the deafness aimed at deaf comunity forced marriage historial,seems ok but you want people to gasp.You got alot going on good luck give itago

thank u and the forced marriage is because the time set is in the early 1870 and nobody but her and her tutor now that shes deaf

I have a suggestion for the title, "The guide to deaf happiness"

One thing I gotta wonder is how are you going to explain that this deaf girl has managed to hide her disability for so long. I mean you gotta wonder there's got to be some kind of incident that's bound to happen that will expose her such as someone yelling at her from behind.

well that incident would be the wedding that's why its so important for her not to marry the man and run away with her tutor.

To clarify how can she be able to fool everyone for 7 years playing the violin and singing? Surely at some point she's bound to have someone from the audience asking for a speech or for an encore or even an autograph. It would be obvious that she's deaf when she doesn't respond. Maybe her tutor would jump in and say, "Sorry she's not accepting autographs" or have some kind of secret signal.

This reminds me of the first Miss America (Heather Whitestone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) She couldn't even hear the announcement that she won.

I'm even in a similar situation; I was born profoundly deaf and I read lips. I don't use ASL and still people would figure out that I have a hearing problem just by the fact I don't get everything.

If she was born deaf in the 1870's, she would never have learned speech.

her parents surely notice,the protaganist would had awful life.think you need some tweeking allways good someone wants to write and pen has not been forgotton,kernal of good story there you go for it writers need all encouragement they can get

her parents are dead but the problem is that she has never seen her tutor before until recently when he kidnaps her so im thinking that she will just bow and hurry of the stage not even looking back when she hurry's to her room. And she can learn to speak if she lost her hearing a latter age maybe like 13 years old hmmmmm.

I'm.... I'm sorry.... but.... but.... As for the title.... AN...

:ugh:

Just for writing purposes.... :ugh:

There's a special place in hell for me.... :ugh: I know.... :ugh:

Back