Let's talk about toys.

I also had the original Mr. Potato Head that used real potatoes (messy). I found this link that describes it, for those of you too young to know about this:

No matter what they say, parents can never get their children to stop playing in their food. However, George Lerner was the only one who possessed the insight to turn these bad table manners into profits. Lerner was a well known model maker in the toy industry. In 1950 he molded a set of sharp-pronged plastic pieces which were shaped like eyes, ears, mouths, and noses which could be stuck into fruits or vegetables (especially potatos ) to create a range of funny faces... It was first introduced in May of 1952. After Mr. Potato Head was released to the public, it was a enormous success. In fact, Mr. Potato Head was the first toy to be advertised on television... In 1964 the original idea of using real fruits and vegetables was dropped, due to new U.S. safety standards which required that the prongs be less sharp, making them unable to puncture real foods. A plastic potato was then supplied with each kit...
http://academic.scranton.edu/student/LABELLAJ2/MrPotato.html

Also, Play-Doh, Cootie game, jacks, Chinese jump rope, Silly Putty, Etch-a-Sketch, Barrel of Monkeys, and Trolls.

Hubby had Tonka trucks, electric trains, and Jarts. He still has the trains and Jarts (which are illegal now).

I still have my original Viewmaster and slides, and Barbies.

My brother had GI Joes (that I borrowed) and Mr. Machine.

Jellybean said:
What type of toys did you want as a kid. Was it Barbie, Star Wars Action figures, Strawberry Shortcake dolls, G.I. Joe action figures, Tonka Trucks? Something else?

Did anyone have a "big wheel"? I had one and my dad put a licence plate on the back with my name on it.

I had both Barbie Dolls and Strawberry Shortcake dolls.
Lego's
Tyco's
wooden blocks
Hot Wheels
Jigsaw puzzles
Atari
Nintendo

I really didn't play with dolls or any "girly" toys. :dunno: Except I played "play house" with friends at school.

Okay, I was trying to think of the over looked girl toys that you might remember. Did anyone have Dolly Pops? They were the dolls that had plastic pop on clothes. I had the Dolly Pops Dress Show.

What about those cosmetic making kits. I think they were called something like "Fun and Fancy." My mom didn't get me that because she didn't want me having the messy make up, but my friends did. They had that bright pastel blue and sea green eye shadow that any 10 year old would want to have.

How about the Snoopy Snow Cone Machine? The game Don't Tip the Waiter - anyone have that? Hungry Hungry Hippos and Mr. Mouth were really popular too.

Someone said the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman. My cousin had those.

70's Kiddo here...

18 wheeler truck
Andy (not Ann)
Etch n sticks
Bionic woman
Hot wheels
Farm animals

NEON is my favorite! :) I look like more Tom Cruise with sunglasses on... "Risky Business" ;)

Things, you name it, I do remmy all and play with friends.

Liza said:
and DOOM wolfenstein. *shifty eyes*

Ahh...the granddaddy of all FPS (first person shooter) game. Played that game and finished it but the sequel: Spear of Destiny, never finished it. Lots of mods for the game and played them especially Barney. Heh. It was a blast blasting the purple dinosaur singing that love song. lol

As for me... I recall some of the toys you guys played -- sit n' spin, the bouncy thing with handles, etc

I mainly had Star Wars (old and also newer ones lol), Transformers (wiped the competition against GoBots in the battle of robot-changing marketplace), and some GI Joes.

Also had race car and tracks that ran up the wall. Lincoln logs, legos, some of the construction stuff like Robotix or something like that.

I was a child of 60's, doll, hand on barbie, doll carriage, tricycle, balls, toy gun, played many kind of games alike hide and seek, froze game, cards, I remember game about barbie with clothes, cant remember all those name cuz I did not know those words.

Back