Learning BSL & welcoming new friendships

autumneve

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am a hearing woman & have completed year 2 of BSL & am currently attending a pre-level 3 course. I am a Training Consultant & am learning BSL to hopefully be able to communicate & help train any clients that use BSL.

I am rather shy & finding it a struggle to gain confidence in using BSL but I wont give up & am sure it will come with time & practice. I am involving myself as much as possible within the local Deaf community but find that I struggle, firstly with my shyness & also with the speed people sign at & get lost in conversations easily but I hope in time my signing will improve. I am really here to learn more about Deaf culture & hopefully make new friends. Oh & by this post you will see I can waffle lots when typing too.

I wish you all a wonderful evening & thank you for taking the time to read my introduction :)

Hello autumneve :wave:

I see that you're a Londoner learning BSL like me. I've just finished my BSL level 1 so you're further along the road than me. Where are you learning BSL? City Lit?

Welcome to AD (AllDeaf):welcome:

Hello autumneve :wave:

I see that you're a Londoner learning BSL like me. I've just finished my BSL level 1 so you're further along the road than me. Where are you learning BSL? City Lit?

Welcome to AD (AllDeaf):welcome:

Yes, I read your posting about your learning and you are doing so great with your studies and in such a short time I think it is amazing :) In answer to your question, I am learning in a small group with 3 others via a tutor through Signature. :)

welcome!! i'm always available if you need help!!

Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I've done two pre Level 1 BSL intro courses (at CityLit) but really struggle to follow other signers (particularly fingerspelling). I have late onset hearing loss and wear two Phonak midi BTEs. I've also tried to involve myself with the Deaf comminity but have had other health issues lately which have stopped me attending Deaf clubs/pubs etc. Starting another BSL intro this month (locally). I'm determined to at least reach Level 1.
Ian.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, autumneve and iandc2003. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back