Learning ASL

ckennington

Reaction score
Hi my name is Casey. I am currently learning ASL because I work with Autistic children some of which can not verbally communicate so we teach them ASL, however no one at the clinic I work at has ever taken a class so we spend a lot of time on google. I thought it would be better if I took the classes so that I knew the kids I am teaching will learn it correctly, and I am loving it. Though it is difficult! For the class I am taking I need to interact with more advanced signers so that I can practice my new skills. If any one would be interested in helping me please let me know!
Thanks!

help me learn and understand asl and the deaf/hoh culture

hi! my name is stacie and i am currently learning asl and deaf culture. its a beautiful language and i am looking to interpret! i dont have anyone close to me that uses asl so its hard for me to practice :) id love to get to know someone in the central indiana area so i can learn better and meet new people ! thanks email me staciedick @ gmail . com :wave:

hi! my name is stacie and i am currently learning asl and deaf culture. its a beautiful language and i am looking to interpret! i dont have anyone close to me that uses asl so its hard for me to practice :) id love to get to know someone in the central indiana area so i can learn better and meet new people ! thanks email me staciedick @ gmail . com :wave:
Have you checked this:

Indiana School for the Deaf - Indianapolis, IN

I know that Noblesville is not Indianapolis but I don't know how far you're willing to commute. (I lived briefly in Indie, and visited Conners Prairie a couple times; I love that area. :) )

In fact, you might want to contact them to see if there are ever "Deaf Awareness" special days or activities.

Accessibility

thank you! i actually never thought about conner prairie! i have only been there a couple times in my 25 yrs lol i will check it out !

Back