latest movie theater shooting..man shoots himself in the ass

ambrosia

Premium Member
Reaction score
Man drops gun in movie theater, shooting self in buttocks - U.S. News

They interview a lawyer...I think he raises very interesting points about carrying concealed weapons...

“You’re supposed to know the laws, you’re supposed to be vigilant in carrying that weapon, and you’re supposed to be trained to use that weapon,” Adams said.
Adams also noted that a revised statute in Nevada would warrant a misdemeanor offense for anyone who negligently discharges or causes to be discharged a firearm in public, and, therefore, he said, “I would certainly be inclined to prosecute.”
“The potential for harm is very strong whenever the discharge of a firearm occurs,” Adams said. “That’s something you can’t ignore. Obviously there was a round chambered and [the man] was in a public place. Those circumstances warrant charges very seriously.”

it's already been a law for quite some time in just about all states regarding accidental/negligent discharge in public. the only difference is how each state criminalizes it.

This shouldn't ever happened in public and this guy is an idiot. His CCW privilege should be revoked.

it's already been a law for quite some time in just about all states regarding accidental/negligent discharge in public. the only difference is how each state criminalizes it.

This shouldn't ever happened in public and this guy is an idiot. His CCW privilege should be revoked.

Exactly!! I was talking about what the lawyer was saying about people who are licensed to carry concealed should know the laws. They're held up to higher standard, and they should, because they carry concealed. Walking around with one in the chamber?? He's just lucky he only shot himself in the butt!

Exactly!! I was talking about what the lawyer was saying about people who are licensed to carry concealed should know the laws. They're held up to higher standard, and they should, because they carry concealed. Walking around with one in the chamber?? He's just lucky he only shot himself in the butt!

just a slight correction - "people who carry concealed weapons should know the laws AND be very proficient in handling firearm."

I do not care if a citizen is carrying a CCW gun with a round in the chamber or not. that's really of no concern to me as long as he is very competent in handling firearm and has a high standard of gun safety. My guns are always loaded on my person.

busted.jpg
- Idiots can find their own a$$es!

Last edited:
Better his ass than mine....serves him right....and hoping he will get so constipated, he'll have to take some ex-lax.

I hope, for his sake, that the bullet was removed. Though that would be a riot if he ever goes through airport security.

Hahaha, and I live in Reno, NV. This happened in Sparks, NV, I was working one morning and the other baker who I work with told me of it. He said he would kick this guy's butt for carrying a gun IN A MOVIE THEATER. Was he trying to rob or something? Silly people these days.

Better his ass than mine....serves him right....and hoping he will get so constipated, he'll have to take some ex-lax.

or give him a bottle of magnesium citrate, it tastes very nasty.

Hahaha, and I live in Reno, NV. This happened in Sparks, NV, I was working one morning and the other baker who I work with told me of it. He said he would kick this guy's butt for carrying a gun IN A MOVIE THEATER. Was he trying to rob or something? Silly people these days.
Maybe he carried a gun for self defense. Nothing wrong with that. However, he should have had the gun better secured on his person. Carrying a gun loose in a pocket isn't smart.

Maybe he carried a gun for self defense. Nothing wrong with that. However, he should have had the gun better secured on his person. Carrying a gun loose in a pocket isn't smart.

truth!

just an interesting fact: legendary lawman Wyatt Earp had an accidental discharge by dropping his gun.
[source] :P

That's why handguns come with safeties. Jiro is right.

I grew up around guns, had other people discharging firearms inches from my face, and learned how to respect the weapons.

I am all for mandatory firearms training and a psych eval before anyone can go in public places while CCW.

That's why handguns come with safeties. Jiro is right.
Not all of them do. "Safeties" aren't always that safe.

My concealed weapon is a revolver with no safety. I would never carry it loose in a pocket or purse. It would be firmly attached to me with a holster.

I am all for mandatory firearms training and a psych eval before anyone can go in public places while CCW.
A psych eval? That's not feasible.

If someone can't go in public places with a CCW, then what's the point of having one? Just to wear a gun around the house?

But there's families in movie theater. Bring a gun into a theater is very silly. Leave it in the car, beside everyone came to the movie theater to watch a movie, not to hurt others.

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

ChefDylan said:

But there's families in movie theater. Bring a gun into a theater is very silly. Leave it in the car, beside everyone came to the movie theater to watch a movie, not to hurt others.

Tell that to the people in Aurora.

I would never leave my gun in a car.

Back