Last Movie You Watched?

Charlie St. Cloud - B+
Ramona and Beezus - C

Race to Witch Mountain
Toy Story 3
Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
Welcome to Macintosh

"Cashback" on Netflix streaming (has subtitles). Small indy film that got a lot of attention. I didn't think much of it. The filmmaker has some promise, but still a long ways to go. Amateurish writing and plot choices abound. Had a few very funny moments and is shot well, but otherwise, meh.

"Rumble Fish" - I read the book back when I was in elementary school. Was a very influential book for me, and I still remember it and think about it from time to time. So I had some heavy expectations when I started watching the movie (on Netflix streaming, with subtitle file loaded). Wow, what a movie! A young Matt Dillon plays his part to perfection, and the black and white cinematography is amazing. I was really impressed with this movie, even though it's close to 30 years old.

Last edited:
Waiting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1 !!!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid -funniest film i have seen in ages - see it! it light and very very funny

I just spent over three hours watching Birth of a Nation without a break. Whew!

deadgirl-blog.jpg

I saw it last nite with my BF, that's sooo weird movie. (Not with Brittany Murphy the same title "Dead Girl").

My good friend told me about "Letters to God" based on a true story. My BF and I saw it the other day, good movie but sad and see real life people with cancer by the end of the movie.
My family, friends, My BF and I donated the money for kids with cancer and also of course adults with cancer too.
My ideal title would be "Beat The Cancer"!.
ltg%20cover.jpg

Hunt to Kill - Starring Steve Austin - Grade C
Knight and Day - Starring Tom Cruise - Grade B+

The A-Team - not bad film but not that great either so to me it's somewhere in the range B+ or B- depending on whatever you expect.
I liked it because it has a mix of showing the plan and action at same time, kind of clever to save 'film space' and yet at same time the explain-as-it-goes has replaced the usual explain how-it-surprise-happened which a character reveal by the hero (after the capture) which are usually seen in films in with 'explantory routine'.
It was a kind of cool film (and i was in mood for some light mindless shit), but again its hard to be it 'better'...so im not complaining...
Overall B grade with A-grade SFX, the boat tip-over scene (spoiler lol) with steel container landing all over the place with sanitised splats or miraclious dodging of the 'showers' its far too silly...in real life, no-would have lived or run to safety in time..just typical Hollywood (but with the TV-style 'violence OK for kids' sanitised sequences (boring) lol

agreed kick-ass is a great movie really enjoyable and yes she rocked too as does the whole film concept and all its just made my day (at the time) watching this fab film

Back