Last Movie You Watched?

ECLIPSE!!! :) so good. a lot less cheesy than the previous ones and a couple scenes were pretty awesome. :)

im gonna see gran torino again...then i have journey to the center of the earth with brendan frasier and unleashed with jet li...i havent seen unleashed yet, but ive seen the others.

im gonna see gran torino again...then i have journey to the center of the earth with brendan frasier and unleashed with jet li...i havent seen unleashed yet, but ive seen the others.

I love gran torino! SO good!

MIL bought Gran Torino for son last week. I haven't seen it. Not my kind of thing. I will be seeing Forget Me Not, the ASL movie next Saturday. No movies until then.

I watched Seven Pounds last night. Incredible movie. One of the best I can remember watching in recent years.

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Shrek 4 in 3D with Alicia, and the other day the latest Fast and Furious came on while we watched TV.

I'm hoping to go see Toy Story 3 and Grown Ups soon. I heard great things about Grown Ups, but I wonder if it'll be nearly as funny as Hot Tub Time Machine...

MIL bought Gran Torino for son last week. I haven't seen it. Not my kind of thing. I will be seeing Forget Me Not, the ASL movie next Saturday. No movies until then.

Stupid me, I this was a reply to Dashanti's post and wouldn't you know it - Dashanti is my son and I forgot that day. :Oops:

I watched Eclipse the night it came out...much better than the other 2! Still doesn't compare to the book, but Jake is a sight for sore eyes! :)

I also watched Nights in Rodanthe tonight. I saw it before a long time ago, but I don't remember that many tears!!!

I watched Eclipse the night it came out...much better than the other 2! Still doesn't compare to the book, but Jake is a sight for sore eyes! :)

I also watched Nights in Rodanthe tonight. I saw it before a long time ago, but I don't remember that many tears!!!

I cant wait to see it!!!

I got to see Eclipse - WITH RWC (Rear Window Captions - which is like private closed captions - very cool)

SO awesome ... not only because I enjoyed the movies, but also because I was able to see it with RWC, so I could see all the dialogue etc!!

The Fox and the Child. Here's the IMDB link

The Fox & the Child (2007)

The person who made the second review is about right on the description of the movie. Kind of a little bit disappointed, yet the scenery was really great! The March of the Penguins (same Director) is thousand times better :D

I watched "Thirteen Days", which is about the Cuban Missile (sp?) Crisis of October 1962.

is that the one with the box jellyfish?

Yup. I actually had an issue with the Box jellyfish. I mean, I understood why he wanted to use it for his choice of suicide (it was very painful, beautiful, etc), but from what I understand, the toxins in the jellyfish attack the heart and make it inoperable, so wouldn't that have defeated the whole purpose of him donating his heart to Emily? Also, they do kill humans, but usually people die from going into shock and drowning before the poison actually kills them, which can take a while.

hmm , good observation i didnt thought of that, yeah that makes sense Alex. actually its the deadliest toxin from a living creature known to human, to which i suppose the writer of the story put together these 'facts' making is so believable as a story, just like writers of space-rockets in sci-fi being unrealistic about inter-galactic travel while propulsion is 'realistic' enough to believe... in this view I can kind of see why the story/film was in this manner...but i do agree with you then again, it might be like if we 'do everything entirely correct' fictional stories might be 'boring"??

I really want to see Eclipse, but I am waiting until I buy the DVD. We have no captioned theaters close by and I can't afford the theater anyway. Just got back from deaf movie night and saw "Forget Me Not". Not too bad. The acting was sub-par, but it was interesting.

hmm , good observation i didnt thought of that, yeah that makes sense Alex. actually its the deadliest toxin from a living creature known to human, to which i suppose the writer of the story put together these 'facts' making is so believable as a story, just like writers of space-rockets in sci-fi being unrealistic about inter-galactic travel while propulsion is 'realistic' enough to believe... in this view I can kind of see why the story/film was in this manner...but i do agree with you then again, it might be like if we 'do everything entirely correct' fictional stories might be 'boring"??

Yeah, it's really a minor a detail that only a few people would actually think about. Anyway, for me, the movie was so well done that I was willing to suspend my nitpicky narrative analysis tendencies here. Even though it crossed my mind that the heart would not be transplantable after the jellyfish sting (I have done a bit of research into organ transplants for a story I wrote), I didn't care. The writers were subtle enough that they could get away with things like that. It really was a good movie.

Back