Languages

Giulia

Reaction score
Hello there
Is there anyone who speak foreign languages ? I speak 4 languages : French, Italian, English and Greek :)

Thanks for your answers

I do. I speak little spanish. I would've learn alot in my school but my parents wouldn't let me take it.

I only know a lil bit French that was a long time ago, I took a foreign language at college.

English, Sign Language, now learning Japanese. Know very little Spanish

English, American Sign language, Some German and little Russian Sign Alphabets and other. I don't mind to learn some foreign languages when I am travel to other countries. I will have a translate ready. :)

Eskaleut:

Unangam aadazaq/Unangam tunuu tunuxtaasakuq
I speak Aleut Language

Yuggtun qalarcarartua
I speak Yup'ik

Inuktituuhuunguyunga
I speak Inuktitun

Kalaallisut oqaluttarpunga
I speak Greenlandic

hehe

Any difficulties with learning a foreign language ?

Hello
Sorry to remote an old topic, but did you have any difficulties with learning foreign languages ?
I told to a someone's welcome topic to not to discourage from my signature because many people with unilateral deafness (so figure yourself with bilateral hoh !!) have difficulties with learning foreign languages, dixit (has told in Latin, we use it quite frequently in French) my ENT doctor...

If you have difficulties with foreign languages, what kind of difficulties do you have ?

Thanks for your replies

Hello
Sorry to remote an old topic, but did you have any difficulties with learning foreign languages ?
I told to a someone's welcome topic to not to discourage from my signature because many people with unilateral deafness (so figure yourself with bilateral hoh !!) have difficulties with learning foreign languages, dixit (has told in Latin, we use it quite frequently in French) my ENT doctor...

If you have difficulties with foreign languages, what kind of difficulties do you have ?

Thanks for your replies

I would guess/assume that any difficulties will lie in overcoming the grammar and the culture of the country of the language taken/studied.

I am glad you are undertaking more languages.

I'm learning Braille now and I'm level 1.

Thanks Mrs Bucket :)
But I am not representative of deaf people, since the majority is bilateral deaf or hard of hearing. *red* I have only a Single Sided Deafness.

Fluent: French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Conversational: Portuguese, Mandarin Chinese, Persian, ASL.

For myself, I don't count braille as a separate language since it's more of an encoding system.

It's great you are learning braille, Mrs Bucket!

I am always impressed by people who are fluent in several languages.

Back