Lack of interaction with women

...Know: Cha/cha.rumba/swing/rock & roll/disco steps?
People still cha-cha? I remember learning that dance in the 60's. :giggle:

Reba: ChaChaCha still part of Latin American dance. Depends on which singles dance-one goes to.

Aside: you notice I claim dances are Cochlear Implant exercise-it was for me. Almost 5 years ago. I was Implanted and resumed all dance activities. Actually went to a dance 3 days after everything was hooked up-it sounded "weird". Remapped the next day! Apparently I helped my brain pick up the "loud music" with "quiet people speaking". All this continues to this day. Next dance tonight-8.30 to 10.30 Pm -Joy of Dance/Toronto.

Sign language in British is my first language. Then I started speaking English and its all the same since. Lip reading course? This is how I try to hear and understand hearing people's speech.

Don't want to be objective here. I done everything as I done. I lip read, sign, try to understand. So, the problem remains. The attitude of women approach. Didn't you watch the video? It tells you. Answers your question.

If you are having problems with Deaf women as well, it is most likely your approach. You need a basic idea of what to say and what not to say. Also, you can't take the rejection personally as the women you meet don't even know you yet.

Grab some basic dating books and start reading, dating is learned behavior not magic.

Can;t give too much input here...but I'd loosen up and stop taking things so seriously...just have fun, take ur time....It's true that a lot of ladies don't understand guys, and vise-versa....you're still young, and what's the hurry?....And I would also sit down and really think about myself...maybe even ask ur friends how you come across to women....There are a lot of lonely, even desperate people in this world....and they don't always make the best partners...Finding someone that enjoys the same things you do....easy to get along with...trustworthy, etc., etc., isn't easy...or the whole world would be happy. Unfortunately, they aren't and are still looking and hoping for a lifetime partner.

You could also be looking in the wrong places?....And don't forget...you might sort of like an overweight, even a "plain Jane" lady...but think that's she's not for you....so think again....some of these ladies are real "gems"....Everyone has faults, whether it be overweight or not very attractive.

I think its more of a place. Australia have 22.5million people. Townsville city is like 200,000, its a remote city of north Queensland state.

Its all about drinking stupidity lifestyle here, especially at colleges. I believe its the place more of me instead. I got one more semester left to get out of here! No way to come back and live, just only for visits.

I used to dance rock n roll. I couldn't find a partner and I'm always odd one out at the dance and that. Partner dance is still a problem for me too. I am pretty much lonely in most certain things especially women.

I want to be VERY honest here as I am. I never intend to cause this problem with them. I just telling you guys what is going on and wonder why. Not acting desperation to 'wish' or that kind of crap attitude like my ex girlfriend. This video I did it was not desperation. It more of a signal and attribution for the people who need to understand other people. I try and try and try to focus on basic things, I used them and still hurting me. I wasn't trying too hard. If I was, there would be police knocking on my door, senior residential assistant would kick me out of the dorms etc etc as you know the laws.....

I do know what to do and I do KNOW what is going on with myself, internally. I do KNOW what I DID intentionally. I have no idea what has turned women off these days. They only seem really shallow, picky, alcoholic and narrow minded. This society is getting worse. Well I gotta say this is the conclusion of where I stay for uni in last 3-4 years. Its certainly a place. I need to go to big city, like Gold Coast, Brisbane etc.

As well heading off to the world's third largest populated country, USA......that would be biggest change for me. New world, new life, new everything. Everything will be resetted. That is right?

Matty, coming to the US will be awesome. You can learn ASL and get involved in the Deaf community.
That's the key....and start out as friends and let it see how it develops.

This is what I am looking forward to. I will be working at ski resort at Park City, Utah where Sundance film is. I find out this next month!

I heard that Salt Lake City have massive deaf community, even they own a deaf school and all of that? Hope I meet someone special there :)

Matt: have you experienced "women trouble" in the local "deaf community" using BSL or "Australian Sign language"? Whether in fact you are "part of the "local deaf community" -unstated-as such. Or is it ONLY when you speak?

I would guess shifting to the United States which apparently uses ASL which I understand is different than BSL would seem to entail further study to understand. How much "time/effort" required to acquire fluency in ASL-unknown?

Have you considered what you will do IF you become bilateral DEAF in the future? Aside: I had almost 15 years between being DEAF in my right ear only, to bilateral DEAF in December 2006.

Matt: have you experienced "women trouble" in the local "deaf community" using BSL or "Australian Sign language"? Whether in fact you are "part of the "local deaf community" -unstated-as such. Or is it ONLY when you speak?

I would guess shifting to the United States which apparently uses ASL which I understand is different than BSL would seem to entail further study to understand. How much "time/effort" required to acquire fluency in ASL-unknown?

Have you considered what you will do IF you become bilateral DEAF in the future? Aside: I had almost 15 years between being DEAF in my right ear only, to bilateral DEAF in December 2006.

No women trouble in deaf community. Rarely I meet women around my age who is deaf or hearing impaired. Not much population for that here in Australia. They are like very uniform all over the country being unseen. I am not part of deaf community at the moment because they have lack of services and events and stuff. Its very quiet.

Well I have this American exchanger here last semester who does ASL, I signed to her in english and didn't had any problems. I will have to learn more about it though.

How would I know if I become bilateral deaf in the future? My hearing reports say its in cyclic.

Matty, you're not alone. Let me guess....you were mainstreamed with very little exposure to other dhh kids right?
I used to get a lot of deaf mainstreamed guys IMing me on AIM wanting a girlfriend!
I deal with the same thing.....I don't have a lot of issues with making friends, but it's been very hard to break the fourth wall to something more.
(oral and mainstreamed :( )

Ok, as everyone know about myself here.

Just curious about couple of things. I see most of girls here at uni wears ragged short jeans with broken edges as common sense. What kind of girls are they to me? It seems a little dirty or sexist? Like this image from our sports page:

252396_10151797967710327_1133738216_n.jpg

Are they good?

What about science nerds? Like marine biologists and that etc. They always be like hippies or whatever that I don't like to label names. Like this:
299149_10150412759936348_1430267363_n.jpg

Is this good for me?

Or sporty girl type, like go to gym and fitness classes. They always wear tight clothes on, drink protein shakes, running, swimming etc.

577628_3808758412460_1116773061_n.jpg

So, the problem what type of women is right for me? Ok so who I am. I like gym/fitness, environmental sustainability, sports, photography, nature, geography etc. What I don't like is drugs, alcohol, parties etc.

I can't see anything related to the categories above. They are all seem quite broken to me. They into sexual union, not a real relationship. I want real relationship, include sex or not. It's so hard to categorize something that would works for me :(

As a person who does swim-almost everyday I don't pay any attention to the bathing suits of the females there. More important things to "worry about"_ BEAT the clock.
aside my Implant is disconnected-real quiet! Don't wear my glasses either!

I'm still so confusing at the moment. I have no idea what type is right one and place so I can get the timing right. I believe this city where I am for uni is just crap because of poor attitude and discriminative against my conditions.

Does a deaf women would be handy to compatible with? So lack of them here in Australia because population demand is VERY low. I'm not sure about big cities like Brisbane and Gold Coast. I think majority of those clubs are actually older than 30s.

Matty: are you near any public libraries? Check out the books dealing with "dating". My user name has one called "Love Smart" published in 2005.
Happy reading!

JCU library is HUGE library.

Love Smart book by Dr Phil?

I read a book about Aspergers and dating. I applied that before and it did work for my first date with my ex gf. Then it good, however after we broke up and rest of women in general doesn't make it work any more :(

Women problems is way tooo common. Lots of guys on here are looking but you can't come on too strong. Actually the best way to finda woman is not to look for one. Instead look for more than I woman look for friends and activities or things to get interested in. I didn't find my 1st wife til I was 30

You say women usually look for a guy because a guy don't need to look? Why the opposite polarity effect? This sounds pretty weird.

As for the case, I am still curious what type of women is compatible with me? I'm always go to wrong place all the time without knowing it is wrong place for me from the first place! How frustrating it is. I felt like wasting my time. I wanted to get married during the 20s, just like most of my cousins, my sister (this November), few of uni friends and American friends. Rest of the people I knew are quite immature, drinking parties, sheep shaggers, drugs and being asexual.

I DO NOT belong to that category of stupidity young life. I prefer the calm the hell down side like my cousins, sister and few of uni friends. So, think about it? How it can be my fault to cause this issue because they don't understand me? Like I'm an aspie. That is great automatic poor attitude to put me down......that hurts a lot.

Why its easy for them, but not me? I didn't do anything at all. I don't drink, no smoking, no criminal records, never hit someone, just plain good guy........always work, fitness, healthy, strong muscles, clear brain cells, great attitude, conversing the environment and communities, thriller storm chaser and that. Why girls don't even like this type, since they said they want a good type? That just so confusing to me. :S :S

Not being "up-to-date" re Aspergers' syndrome on dating however can one "guess" when one has some "idea" if a woman is "right" for him? Where does DEAF women fit into this "consideration"?

One what basis is "that" formed -Study-Psychology, self Reflection?

Aside: I was never in college/university. Have done a "bit of reading".

Back