Lack of Closed Captioning...I'm Furious

Rootie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new and I am furious! I love The Guardian, but CBS has opted to run the credits for the show for over 15 minutes. The closed captioning did not begin tonight until 8:20 p.m. Central time!!!!!! I am also very upset by the Pax network. I have written emails to the local Panama City channel 51, to the Pax network and to Dr. Phil and Oprah!!!!! They do not have one show in closed captioning! I wrote to them "shame on you" because you have a show about a deaf FBI agent, played by a deaf actress and you haven't got the brains to put closed captioning for the deaf into the show. Does anybody here want to do an email Blitz on these networks? I'm ready to chew some execs. Want to?
Rootie

Rootie said:
Hi, I'm new and I am furious! I love The Guardian, but CBS has opted to run the credits for the show for over 15 minutes. The closed captioning did not begin tonight until 8:20 p.m. Central time!!!!!! I am also very upset by the Pax network. I have written emails to the local Panama City channel 51, to the Pax network and to Dr. Phil and Oprah!!!!! They do not have one show in closed captioning! I wrote to them "shame on you" because you have a show about a deaf FBI agent, played by a deaf actress and you haven't got the brains to put closed captioning for the deaf into the show. Does anybody here want to do an email Blitz on these networks? I'm ready to chew some execs. Want to?
Rootie

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! my PAX doesn't have Caption AT ALL And I watch FbEye and Doc...... I'M SO MAD at Terre Haute times warner for not havin closed caption for those 2 shows. BUT when I go home to my mom's an hour away, it is CAPTIONED?!?!?! What the heck?!?!! I have caption on Oprah and Dr. Phil. Im willin to kick some ass and get PAX and few other stations to get caption!!!!!!! It's :bsflag: !!!!!!

LET'S DO IT!

Rootie said:
Rootie

The Guardian is on now, and it is 5 minutes after 8pm and they started CC at 8pm :dunno:

Hey, I'm new now! I been never see before. I really interesting about that.

But, yes it is Closed Caption on only CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX. That the court rule must all of part the this channel. But, they had 95 percent and work for hour in this closed caption. Till 2006 will be all 100 percent. That was a good news. So, as you see the problem the closed caption stop and back work. Because some of technology problem with computer program. Just be patient ok. :mrgreen:

Rootie,
Would you be interested in letting me use some of your quotes for an article I am writing on closed captioning in my hometown? (or lack thereof) I am a journalism student at the University of Missouri.

Apsmqc,

This thread was created back in October of last year, I don't think this member is here anymore since he/she only posted once....

Thought I would add this :)

Please BE CAREFUL about the
HUGE Difference between
"CLOSED" captioning and
"OPEN" captioning... So many deafies
like me I overlooked and found out
that most deafies prefer OPEN captioning
much better than RWC which is
same thing as CLOSED captioning !!

Please remember to support OPEN captioning
instead of these Rear Window Captioning (same as CLOSED)

I would me furious too!

Hi Rootie,
I'd be mad too!!
You and all your deaf friends should write to CBS and tell it like it is.
I'd tell them that your gonna stop watching their station if they don't caption their programs.
I "LOVE' Captions!!!
I have a cc tv myself and I have a TTD too.
Margie
Dir. Of Communications at OCDAC
( Orange County Deaf Advoacy Center).

Keep in mind that some cable providers "ERASE" the captions inadvertently, due to things like equipment limtiations, buggy digital set top boxes, etc.

Basically, the captions are there, but your TV don't see them because the cable company screws up!

It's not always Oprah's fault! Sometimes it's the CABLE COMPANY's fault!

That's WHY you see captions when you visit your mom, but don't see them on your TV on the SAME show -- because some satellite/cable providers are better than other satellite/cable providers!!!!!

Hahahah! I hate the credits too but when I had a deaf actress at my home and we watched a movie she got mad at me for stopping the video when the credits started at the end of the movie. She expects me to read the credits too. Thats a lot of BS!

Richard

Bug them until it happens!!

Hi Rootie,
I'd be furious too!!
You and your friends should keep bugging your cable company until they captoin all of your channels.
And write to CBS and demind they caption.
Good Luck!
Margie
Dir. of Communiton Services at Orange County Deaf Advocaty Center

Well Y, captioning is captioning. Yeah I do like open captioning better, but closed captioning is good too. I just wish more T.V shows had captioning and more companies support captioning.

Back