L.A. riots: Good Samaritan remembers his scary truck-driver rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already did. The consensus is that African American means black. Even asked members of the original black panther party - they all giggled at your assertions and said you were silly.

Oh? They didn't call themselves the African American Panther Party, did they?

First of all, when we, deafies talk about black people, we sign "black". We rarely sign "African American". It's because black requires one sign rather than two signs. Right?

Anyway, last of all, why don't we get over with labeling for blacks and move on?

Like I said, I identified that a few days ago when I was asked. It was a discussion with several people. Seems like when people ask a question here, it is just because they want to start something.

How about if all the white people identify themselves as white, and then all the Black people can identify themselves as Black.

How about you dropping the racist rhetoric and joining the human race?

sounds like racial injustice is becoming an inconvenient truth for you. feeling uncomfortable, steinhauer?

First of all, when we, deafies talk about black people, we sign "black". We rarely sign "African American". It's because black requires one sign rather than two signs. Right?

Anyway, last of all, why don't we get over with labeling for blacks and move on?

Good idea. When everyone stops pointing out everytime someone is Black, we will be able to do that.

Oh? They didn't call themselves the African American Panther Party, did they?

Nope, they said that they decided to call themselves black because it is a color in the color wheel. It is a description, not a racial ID.

Just as soon as everyone stops feeling the need to make a point of someone being Black, but never mentioning when someone is white. Doesn't work when someone says, We all belong to the human race........but that person is Black!

Good idea. When everyone stops pointing out everytime someone is Black, we will be able to do that.

You mean like what you have been doing for oh .... I don't know .... 99.9% of your posts?

I already did. The consensus is that African American means black. Even asked members of the original black panther party - they all giggled at your assertions and said you were silly.
Fact or bullshit?

Just as soon as everyone stops feeling the need to make a point of someone being Black, but never mentioning when someone is white. Doesn't work when someone says, We all belong to the human race........but that person is Black!

Yeah, you should really listen to yourself sometime. Especially since Zimmerman was called a white hispanic.

Geez ... what a butt load of hypocrisy ...

Nope, they said that they decided to call themselves black because it is a color in the color wheel. It is a description, not a racial ID.

So you are saying that there is not a Black culture in America that is based, in part, on race?

No, they decided to call themselves Black as a self empowerment label because they were tired of the derogatory labels white people kept giving them.

So you are saying that there is not a Black culture in America that is based, in part, on race?

No, they decided to call themselves Black as a self empowerment label because they were tired of the derogatory labels white people kept giving them.

Like .... black?

Maybe they should stop using derogatory labels for white people, like "tree honkey".

Yeah, you should really listen to yourself sometime. Especially since Zimmerman was called a white hispanic.

Are you saying that George Zimmerman is white hispanic?

He is a white Hispanic according to the way you label people. His mother is Peruvian and his father is white. You can't call him a full blooded Hispanic.

After all, don't you point out that Obama is not really Black, because his dad is Black but his mother is white?

Like .... black?

Maybe they should stop using derogatory labels for white people, like "tree honkey".

I have never in my life heard a Black person call a white person a "tree honkey".:laugh2: But I have heard a lot of white people call Black people "Jungle bunnies".:cool2:

He is a white Hispanic according to the way you label people. His mother is Peruvian and his father is white. You can't call him a full blooded Hispanic.

After all, don't you point out that Obama is not really Black, because his dad is Black but his mother is white?

Nope, I have never labelled Jennifer Lopez or Ricky Martin as a "white hispanic". YOU have been the only one carrying around the labeller.

The term "white hispanic" did not exist until Zimmerman shot Martin.

Jst more of your BS.

Fact - I lived in DC for a number of years in a predominantly African American neighborhood. One of my professors was a member of the Black Panthers.

Sure. You must have never opened your mouth around them.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back