L.A. riots: Good Samaritan remembers his scary truck-driver rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a white Hispanic according to the way you label people. His mother is Peruvian and his father is white. You can't call him a full blooded Hispanic.

After all, don't you point out that Obama is not really Black, because his dad is Black but his mother is white?

He's a mulatto. He could very well call himself as a white person if he feels that way. He has a choice.

Nope, I have never labelled Jennifer Lopez or Ricky Martin as a "white hispanic". YOU have been the only one carrying around the labeller.

The term "white hispanic" did not exist until Zimmerman shot Martin.

Jst more of your BS.

You are funny.:laugh2:

I have however been referred to by the title (from migrant workers who came to pick fruit who were at the time (1969) black, as a "white soda cracker".

He's a mulatto. He could very well call himself as a white person if he feels that way. He has a choice.

Who? Zimmerman or Obama?

Zimmerman is not mulatto. He doesn't have one Black parent and one white parent. He has one Peruvian parent and one white parent.

Obama is biracial technically. But, since it has been the habit of the American whites to identify anyone with 1/8 Black blood as black (Jim Crowe laws), most biracial people identify as Black. And, as most biracial people exhibit more Black physical appearances than white, most whites identify them as Black.

I have however been referred to by the title (from migrant workers who came to pick fruit who were at the time (1969) black, as a "white soda cracker".

And I am sure the Black migrant workers were called a few things other than sir, too.

Who? Zimmerman or Obama?

Zimmerman is not mulatto. He doesn't have one Black parent and one white parent. He has one Peruvian parent and one white parent.

Obama is biracial technically. But, since it has been the habit of the American whites to identify anyone with 1/8 Black blood as black (Jim Crowe laws), most biracial people identify as Black. And, as most biracial people exhibit more Black physical appearances than white, most whites identify them as Black.

Wasn't talking about GZ.

Mulatto

Wasn't talking about GZ.

Mulatto

So, you were talking about Obama. He is biracial. But because his father was Black, and here in America we determine hertigage down from fathers, he is considered, by all purposes to be black. Mulatto is an outdated term used during the Jim Crowe era. Not a really good era to be referring to regarding the treatment of Blacks. Especially since mulatto was used as a term to segregate people with any Black blood from the whites and deny them their rights.

I don't know. You wil have to ask the person I asked the question to.
I just looked at pictures of his parents online so yeah, his mother is white. I didn't know. Obama is the first black President of the US, therefore he's 100% black. Well, I thought wrong. Let's move on, ok?

Fact - I lived in DC for a number of years in a predominantly African American neighborhood. One of my professors was a member of the Black Panthers.

you're everything, aren't you? in nearly all cases, you say you have a friend/know somebody in -----.

so Steinhauer.... where did it say that Rodney King was a crackhead?

So, you were talking about Obama. He is biracial. But because his father was Black, and here in America we determine hertigage down from fathers, he is considered, by all purposes to be black. Mulatto is an outdated term used during the Jim Crowe era. Not a really good era to be referring to regarding the treatment of Blacks. Especially since mulatto was used as a term to segregate people with any Black blood from the whites and deny them their rights.

Australia too.

you're everything, aren't you? in nearly all cases, you say you have a friend/know somebody in -----.

so Steinhauer.... where did it say that Rodney King was a crackhead?
Still obsessed with Stein? What's up with that?

I'd like to know the answer why Steinhauer called Rodney King a "crackhead" too. Nothing ever said about him smoking crack except by Steinhauer. Aren't you interested to know why Steinhauer just thought that King was a "crackhead"?

I'm waiting for an answer to my question. Am I not entitled to truth? Don't you want truth?

I'd like to know the answer why Steinhauer called Rodney King a "crackhead" too. Nothing ever said about him smoking crack except by Steinhauer. Aren't you interested to know why Steinhauer just thought that King was a "crackhead"?

I thought so, too because I remember the news talked about it. Maybe it was misinformation from media. In other words, it might be bullshit.

He's famous for it. And profited from it by doing the show Celebrity Rehab to withdraw from it. He talks about it in his new book also.

To be sure, King is still pained by the incident — and his life since has not been easy. He has had several run ins with the law, and has battled depression, alcohol and drug abuse, most famously with a stint on VH1's Celebrity Rehab in 2008. All this came before the healing he says he is undergoing now. "It's a good time to be in this black skin now," he says. "I wouldn't want to be in black skin, 30, 40, 50 years ago. I wouldn't want to undergo what they went through." But he says, he'd change very little of his life experience, if anything.

Read more: Los Angeles and Rodney King 20 Years Later: Both Better, Not Perfect, But Better - TIME

He's famous for it. And profited from it by doing the show Celebrity Rehab to withdraw from it. He talks about it in his new book also.
It doesn't say what kind of drug abuse. It could be weed, coke, heroin or other substance.

Did you watch the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back