Which best web site?

• Krown

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Ultratec

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No Answer

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
I am not sure what do you mean how to answer your question? can you explain a little bit.

From what I see that you gave us.. It does not matter to me which one is the best. All I care is to see the discount or lower prices that is all matter for me.

BUT id like to asnwer you if you meant something else than what I gave you my answer. ;)

Frisky Feline said:
I am not sure what do you mean how to answer your question? can you explain a little bit.

From what I see that you gave us.. It does not matter to me which one is the best. All I care is to see the discount or lower prices that is all matter for me.

BUT id like to asnwer you if you meant something else than what I gave you my answer. ;)

Umm... it has nothing with price and discount. Follow where forums is this about. "Sites Reviews and Critiques".

Therefore, which is better design? Friendly button? Text Size is fair? Time of download?

illustrator said:
Umm... it has nothing with price and discount. Follow where forums is this about. "Sites Reviews and Critiques".

Therefore, which is better design? Friendly button? Text Size is fair? Time of download?

Got it.. I ll check both of them later.. I can't promise you. THanks..

Which one is better?

Well, how about Sidekick II? I wouldn't ever again buy another dinosaur TTY machines!!! They are ready to be buried and become historic. I ain't gonna dump alot money for these junks...

Disagreed? Well, you could get SK2 for 200 dollars, and can chat with anyone virtually ANYWHERE you are in coverage. Why chain yourself to your house with TTY? Plus SK monthly wireless subscription fee is about the same as phone bill. Can you beat this deal with TTY?

DHB

I would like to add this...

The sad fact right now is that TTY manufacturer has LOST more than 95% of TTY sales in the past 3 years!!! 95% is enough to tell you what would happen to TTY next!

DHB

illustrator said:
http://www.krowntty.com

vs.

http://www.ultratec.com/

Which one do you like better and why?

From an e-commerce perspective, I think the ultratec.com site would perform better. The only problem I see with that one is the graphic sizes should be optimized for faster loading.

If you own/operate those sites, I'd be curious to know which one performs better in regards to sales.

illustrator said:
http://www.krowntty.com

vs.

http://www.ultratec.com/

Which one do you like better and why?

Are you asking me to compare between two web sites or the brand name along with features? Most folks will assume that you mean the web site design, etc.

If you know the history behind the companies, you ll find it interesting. Ultratec owns several patients including the Turbo Code technology. This TC has caused some problems with the TRS in the early days. MCI have tried to bootleg the TC technology in order to meet the state contractual requirements. I do not support TC since the TTY standard (coding, timing baud rate, etc) is closed to the public, while the V.18 standards is wide open.. If it were to be open standards, the the technology would have kicked off the ground faster in the early 1990s.

Krown, correct if Im wrong, has no patients and is owned by Sid Anders, a deaf person (now Computty).

Anyway, my tty is being used only once or twice a month when my hearing relatives call here. Im thinking of cutting off my second phone line and toss out the dinosuar tty.

I dont care how to compare between two web sites.

Krown does not have patents. Ralph Krongold (former Krown CEO which his
company named after his last name) had a very dumb patent attorney who told
him that his design of putting a keyboard, display, and coupler in a single
was not patentable. He believed him. Not until Ultratec stepped into the
TTY marketing, he was so pissed off with his attorney because Ultratec had
the similarities of Krown's models. Ultratec has been and still is the
leader of TTY marketing. His biggest loss and sold his biz to Sid for an
undisclosed sum.

Unfortunately, all TTY manufacturers have noticed a steady decline of TTY
sales due to ever-popular SK which it comes with TTY features for almost
the same price of buying a TTY. I talked with deafworks
(www.deafworks.com) on the other day about their low-cost TTY (the
lowest cost of all TTYs in today's market). Deafworks knew that their TTY
sales is going downward in the next couple of years or even sooner so they
already prepared for additional videophone accessories such as flasher,
switcher, ans mach, etc to meet ever demanding today's marketing
needs. So, DHB is right about the 95% TTY sales is lost.

I have not even touched my TTY at home for the past 2 years. It is just sitting there, collecting dust.

I use my SK to make all phone calls and I dont know any deaf person who does not have AIM or SK so we do all of our communicating there. My hearing family contacts me through text message or emails or calls me on my personal IP Relay number.

I've forgotten how to use a TTY :scatter:

Meg said:
I have not even touched my TTY at home for the past 2 years. It is just sitting there, collecting dust.

I use my SK to make all phone calls and I dont know any deaf person who does not have AIM or SK so we do all of our communicating there. My hearing family contacts me through text message or emails or calls me on my personal IP Relay number.

I've forgotten how to use a TTY :scatter:

I ain't surprised that you havent used it in couple years. When I was in high school, I had to drive all over the places, visiting freinds and hunting for a tty. When I found one, I made my first long distance call. That call costed me $35.

So, I'm sure future deaf children who will enter into elementary school will not know what a tty is. Wonderful!

qwerty123 said:
I ain't surprised that you havent used it in couple years. When I was in high school, I had to drive all over the places, visiting freinds and hunting for a tty. When I found one, I made my first long distance call. That call costed me $35.

So, I'm sure future deaf children who will enter into elementary school will not know what a tty is. Wonderful!

qwerty -- yes theres a chance the kids who enter elementary school wouldnt know what a TTY is but i think us older Deafies would continue to tell the younger Deafies the history, culture and the history of the equipment as well and etc etc etc on Deaf History

I remmy my first tty. It was as big as the mailbox at the street corner.

Richard

I used to use a TTY as my main communication source years ago...but when the Internet became popular in the mid-1990s, email and IM has since then became my main communication now. :) I rather use email than TTY. :)

I haven't touched the TTY I have now for a very long time so it is collecting dust too. :)

Send your old - used ttys over to us and we'll refurbish and supply them to doctor's offices, police stations, train stops, and 3rd world health ministries.

Richard

interesting, everybody are talk about TTY, not their web design. This topic said "Site Reviews and Critiques"

Who give crap about TTY.

Our TTY is NOT collecting dust because we dust frequently. :P

still use me TTD... not all frds family have net or new VP.... Like new TTD me one room need go othr room me can put frd/family on hld go othr room pick up TTD tht room finish chat...
hell me hate site where U do not need type ga sk.. Gives wannbes fake ph calls! site need change back our way chat ph.... yes wannbe may find some abv on net.. not all abv we use on net... Thk God !
Oh Richard sis who call ur office live calif.. she office vist uQQ Yes she know ASL hope do u... Pls Pm me TTD num U..Need chat.. Or u VP num. Me need QQ U.. Thks
LMM

Back