Know any cool tricks?

Woody

Reaction score
Used one this morning for my daughter. For an iced up car use an extension cord and a hair dryer. Turn it on high and let it run inside the vehicle. I usually put in on the floor where there is plenty of room but heat rises right? The amount of time obviously depends on the temp but here it takes 5 or 10 minutes. Good to go. This also works great to assist lawn mowers etc. for colder weather starts. Good luck. :D

Dryer lint makes excellent fire starter. I stuff mine in a zip loc bag and take it with me hiking/hunting. :D

^True. Just make sure they're separated in your pack. Lol. :D

Yeah I once cut myself rather bad and we had no bandages in the house so my mom broke an egg open and put it in a bowl and pulled the skin membrane off the shell and wrapped it around my cut and it worked really great as a bandage . My mom told me this what her mom used before there were bandages .

Egg-bandage-Natural-remedy-Feature.jpg

There are a couple of advantages to backing in to your garage.

If you then have a dead battery and need a jump or other on-site service it is easier to get to.

In the winter when the road is slick it is better to be able to keep going when pulling out rather than having to stop to switch from backing up to going forward.

Dryer lint makes excellent fire starter. I stuff mine in a zip loc bag and take it with me hiking/hunting. :D

Cut some straws to about 3 inches long. Pinch one end shut with pliers and melt it closed letting it cool for a few seconds before removing the pliers. Mix your lint or cotton ball with petroleum jelly (lots of it until it's soaked) and stuff it into the straws with a tooth pick leaving about 1/2 inch empty so you can pinch it shut and melt it too.

You can pack a ton into the straws and now you have a tiny, water proof firestarter that will burn for a couple minutes and will even burn after being soaked in water! If you don't have a knife to cut them open just bash it between two rocks.

Cotton balls do work best as you can pull them out easy and then fluff them up nice but lint is free!

Balsam fir resin is antiseptic and good on cuts and burns. It seals the wound too to keep out infection. You can eat it for a boost of energy or use it as a great fire starter. It's easy to collect with a knife from the blisters all over the tree. Just make a small slit though so the tree will heal.

Yeah I once cut myself rather bad and we had no bandages in the house so my mom broke an egg open and put it in a bowl and pulled the skin membrane off the shell and wrapped it around my cut and it worked really great as a bandage . My mom told me this what her mom used before there were bandages .

Egg-bandage-Natural-remedy-Feature.jpg

Cool... Heard of using some spiderweb but not egg membrane... Interesting

Balsam fir resin is antiseptic and good on cuts and burns. It seals the wound too to keep out infection. You can eat it for a boost of energy or use it as a great fire starter. It's easy to collect with a knife from the blisters all over the tree. Just make a small slit though so the tree will heal.

I google this read Native American did this when they got a cut or burn. They used a lot natural remedies and used leafs as 'toilet' paper . Put you really have to know which leafs are safe to use.

chapstick, use the wax to make the fire burn like the jelly as well

Nice thing about the jelly though is you can mash enough in to make it truely waterproof. If you saturate a cottonball you can hold it underwater, pull it out, shake it off and light it on fire with a spark.

i google this read native american did this when they got a cut or burn. They used a lot natural remedies and used leafs as 'toilet' paper . Put you really have to know which leafs are safe to use.
do not use poison oak or ivy....lmao

Nice thing about the jelly though is you can mash enough in to make it truely waterproof. If you saturate a cottonball you can hold it underwater, pull it out, shake it off and light it on fire with a spark.
yep, done it before when I went camping in foul weather, Nice how fast vasaline will make things burn. Ive used my chap sticks in rare cases that I got caught in a bad storm, not prepared for wet weather.

Ive used dried grass, treebarks, pine needles, I will pack a waterproof container with it, even hemp rope shreaded as a fire starter with a magnesium striker.

Back