KFC Slaw...

Found the recipe for KFC Slaw and thought I'd share it....as I do love Slaw from KFC and order extras whenever we get a bucket....Haven't tried it yet tho'...but plan to do so next time I have a Seafood and Fish dinner for the family.

1/2 cup Mayo
1/3 cup sugar
1.4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2-1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
12 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups chopped cabbage (1 head)
1/3 cup carrots
2 tablespoons minced onion
Refridgeate for 2 hours or overnight.

Here's the way I've been making it...much easier...
1 head cabbage
2 carrots
1/4 onion
Kraft Cole Slaw Dressing
No mayo or sugar

Let it sit for 1 day for juices....

Enjoy!

Oh,wow, I made this up this morning and just took a little taste to see how it was coming along. I can not believe how good this is, and it's got longer to set. It looks like Calvin's pic.

I've never had KFC slaw so I really can't compare, but this sure is good. I highly recommend! :thumb:

I don't think I seen unsweetened mayo in the store , do you made your own mayo? I uses to made it years ago and used olive oil.

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/salad/coleslaw/coleslaw-without-mayonnaise/ here are some recipes for slaw without mayo , I know some people do not like.

There will be so many variations made and it's still called "slaw". No, there are defrees of sweetened mayo not necessarily mentioned on the main label, you can identify those in the nutrition label's ingredients list.

There will be so many variations made and it's still called "slaw". No, there are defrees of sweetened mayo not necessarily mentioned on the main label, you can identify those in the nutrition label's ingredients list.

I will have to check out the labels the next time I buy mayo. I use to made my own slaw but that would a lot of one person . I once read once a head of cabbage is cut it start loss it vitamin k . We had sauerkraut while growing up , I brought some but it did not taste the same to me.

TCS really likes KFC slaw. We don't eat there often together but he's on the road a lot, so he gets more opportunities to eat out.

KFC's slaw is great, their chicken, not so much anymore.

Can't stand slaw. no matter who makes it or where from. But I do like Kraft coleslaw dressing on a cheese burger sometimes.

Back