Kepler Spacecraft Sets Sights on Earth-like Planets

Ugh so complicated that my head just blew up.

lmao but thats pretty cool thou I hope to see some future pictures of these Super Earths sometime.

However, bear in mind that these super earths are more than 120 trillion miles away from Earth so...we may not even be able to land there in afew hundreds of generations from now...who knows.

As for Mars, we might be able to land there in the next 50 years or so.

The link I provided will keep you updated on Kepler. Meanwhile. Not sure how long...

:( The pictures did not even turn out. :mad:

We did not have the night setting on.

so sorry Royale.

but I can tell you this. It looked like a fire ball flying through the sky. More horizontal than up. seems to me.

I live about 2 hours South West of the Capes.

As usual you can see a lot on a clear night.

No worries. At least you did your best efforts. :)

We will have to wait for three years to see pictures coming out from the Kepler Space Telescope. :'/

Hey Royale. I do have some pictures of the Discovery launching today.

Maybe that will make up for the no show of the Kepler. :D

Hey Royale. I do have some pictures of the Discovery launching today.

Maybe that will make up for the no show of the Kepler. :D

Yes it would be nice. :D I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! :)

The Kepler was similar to those pictures you have seen. But smaller and instead of going straight up in went up in a curve toward the south.

Wow! 3 years before any pictures from the Kepler. :shock:

Kepler is looking for the reduction of light when the planet passes in front of the star. So it will take a few years to see more than one of those for each planet. A small fraction of planets can pass between their stars and us, the others have orbits that don't cross in front of the star from our point of view. So there would actually be more planets out there than Kepler will find. :eek:

Since there are earth-like planets ...

It got me to think...

If a planet is similar to our Earth, then I suppose that there are another human race. It have to be. If there is another human race, then an earth-like one should have many similar flying creatures, landing creatures, and sea creatures, and others. But what appearance they look like? Who knows?

If somebody is from another planet that look like so much human being, you have to view him/her as a person. Just cos somebody is from another planet that does not make him/her less human being. If my view is correct, then a whole thing would make any sense, I think?

:shrug: I don't know. It might be interesting. :)

Since there are earth-like planets ...

It got me to think...

If a planet is similar to our Earth, then I suppose that there are another human race. It have to be. If there is another human race, then an earth-like one should have many similar flying creatures, landing creatures, and sea creatures, and others. But what appearance they look like? Who knows?

If somebody is from another planet that look like so much human being, you have to view him/her as a person. Just cos somebody is from another planet that does not make him/her less human being. If my view is correct, then a whole thing would make any sense, I think?

:shrug: I don't know. It might be interesting. :)

that's thought-provoking post. If the alien looks like us.... do we treat them like long-lost human beings? do we view them as "human beings" just because they look like us? :hmm:

let's hope they're not like CYLONS! :laugh2:

that's thought-provoking post. If the alien looks like us.... do we treat them like long-lost human beings? do we view them as "human beings" just because they look like us? :hmm:

let's hope they're not like CYLONS! :laugh2:

:lol:

Well, cos, I think -- cos if planets have a lot of similar to our Earth, it would make more sense if all species and humans evovled nartually on another Earth while our Earth is evovled nartually. If it is true, then I suppose there are many similar species and there is another human race, too. I don't think we should treat them like long-lost humans just because they are from another planets. So I feel that our Earth-ians would view another "alien" human race as a less person being and treat them so differently before they realize the another human race is actually as similar as ours.

For example ---

When you look at a mermaid and you said she is not a human, then why do she have a human body and have five fingers and all human appearnce except the fish tail? That mermaid has to be human being cos she have a lot similarity as ours. If she can't walk on a land cos she is a "fish-like" person that does not make her less human being. Her race is evovled by the natural. My opinion, merfolks should be view as an another human race. Yes, I know there is no merfolks, I just want to set an example to support my thought. :)

Thought?

EDIT: Try look at the past ---

1) White people didn't view africa-amercian as a person cos of color skins in 1800's.
2) In 1600's, People didn't view Indians as a person cos they thought they were an animal and "weirdo people" or whatever it was.
3) People didn't view witches as a person being cos the Bibles said they were evil.
4) so on

Do you know why? In the past, many people didnt see other people as a human being for various reasons! Until someone had to point out that a certain race was indeed people!

Okay --- if my thought is correct, then I assmue... If "aliens" are existed --- that explains why "aliens" left our Home cos they may tired of being treated as a god-like creature when our people didnt see them were actually a human being person. Who knows?

What is your thought?

To be honest, when there are similar planets related to Earth, I very highly doubt there would be another race of humans there.

Of course, it is highly possible that other planets such as Earth would support life. But what kind of life? we dont know.

There could be plants. There could be sea creatures. There could be land animals. But humans existed on another planet related to Earth?

You have to understand how life works.

In order to keep life going, there should be genes sharing and evloution...many other things.

Evloution is a very important part of how life keeps going. It is a very complicated progress and only depends on how the animal evolves and such.

Steel_X said:
There could be plants. There could be sea creatures. There could be land animals. But humans existed on another planet related to Earth?

I think you misunderstood me. I don't say another humans are related to our Earth. I just said maybe there are another human race if there are Earth-like planets that is similar to our home. And you are right, we don't know what kind of life. I am aware of that. Since you said you highly doubt that there are have human race on any earth-like planet, only land and sea creatures are possible. I wonder, why is that? I meant, what about "aliens" who could drive the flying objects from another planets? It seems they have an intelligence ability to me. It sound like they are an intelligent people to me like us. Or... could be a kind of intelligent being? :dunno: So why do you think only various creatures can live on any earth-like planet while you believe in aliens who live from other planets? :dunno:

As for other parts of comment you wrote, I respectfully disagree for a several reasons. Sorry... I do think there are anything is possible... Don't get me wrong, I was taught evolution at my former high school. ^^;; Besides, I would love to discuss more but I feel I am not suppose to say about life and evolution since it is wrong to questioning Evolution or Darwinism or anything else..... Oh well...

By the way, thanks for the comment on my thoughts. :)

I think you misunderstood me. I don't say another humans are related to our Earth. I just said maybe there are another human race if there are Earth-like planets that is similar to our home. And you are right, we don't know what kind of life. I am aware of that. Since you said you highly doubt that there are have human race on any earth-like planet, only land and sea creatures are possible. I wonder, why is that? I meant, what about "aliens" who could drive the flying objects from another planets? It seems they have an intelligence ability to me. It sound like they are an intelligent people to me like us. Or... could be a kind of intelligent being? :dunno: So why do you think only various creatures can live on any earth-like planet while you believe in aliens who live from other planets? :dunno:

As for other parts of comment you wrote, I respectfully disagree for a several reasons. Sorry... I do think there are anything is possible... Don't get me wrong, I was taught evolution at my former high school. ^^;; Besides, I would love to discuss more but I feel I am not suppose to say about life and evolution since it is wrong to questioning Evolution or Darwinism or anything else..... Oh well...

By the way, thanks for the comment on my thoughts. :)

lol aliens...is a different story. If there are actually intelligent people like us who arent even humans...perhas there is a possiblity to that lol but who knows.

Quite interesting, Karissa.

I truly believe there is life out there. You raised questions about the human races. Are they on some of those undiscovered planets alike us? Probably yes but we need to have a fully convincing proof to back it up. Are the animals on those planets are different from us? Who knows?

We are always insatiably curious about what's out there.

lol aliens...is a different story. If there are actually intelligent people like us who arent even humans...perhas there is a possiblity to that lol but who knows.

Understandable. For your info, I somewhat doubt Kepler will find human-like people but maybe various creatures. That is why those planets got me to think about another earth-like planets that may have one like our race. Like we said, who know! :P

For sure, we will learn when Kepler discovers something so interesting. ;)
Royle said:
Quite interesting, Karissa.

I truly believe there is life out there. You raised questions about the human races. Are they on some of those undiscovered planets alike us? Probably yes but we need to have a fully convincing proof to back it up. Are the animals on those planets are different from us? Who knows?

We are always insatiably curious about what's out there.

Yes, we will need a proof about it. I am so curious too! XD I won't get my hope so high, I already know Kepler may will not find human-like people and possibly will find creatures on earth-like planets. But I can't help myself, I wonder, there are another earth-like planets may have a human-like race like ours, and species. It may be possible... :dunno: ;)

That might be exciting to me. I won't get my hope so high, lol.

I'm pretty sure that we will be able know more once technology advances.

We already know many of the giant stars and Suns out there. You can google these or youtube it to get an idea.. Sirius, Arcturus, Centauri A/B, both of the Cephei, Rigel, Antares.. many more to name. Not to forget the largest star known to man in our milky way.. Vy Canis Majoris.

We're only able to detect these stars/suns due to their intensity of the light making it easier to discover through our telescope means. What can you find in the solar systems of those particular suns? Other planets in its orbit, of course...

The main thing is that our technology (telescopes, satellites) isn't advanced to spot all these planets, nor can we see an upscaled/detailed version of the actual terrain. Our tech is right at the beginning for the time being, in the context of outer space exploration.

If those stars have planets circling them, then there's most definitely got to be some "habitual zone" planets around, similar to ours. What I mean by habitual zone is in this following picture:

489px-Satellites_in_the_habitable_zone.svg.png

What do you find on habitable planets? Of course.. life.
Maybe before 2100 is over, this tech will be out there. Can you try to stay alive until then?

For the time being, indulge yourselves in these if you've never heard or seen them before.

starsm1.JPG

picture5.jpg

800px-sun_and_vy_canis_majoris.png

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I907/UCID1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

*rubbing my hands* I can't wait to see what they discovered tomorrow!

Back