Keep an Eye on Your License Plate

:-o oh boy! makes u wonder.. I have never thought people would be doing stuff like this?..sheesh... dont they have compassion anymore?...
I guess I'll have to buy (dog) poodle and call him (killer) to guard around my car to prevent gas and lic plate thieves? lol...

but nodways.. thanks for the heads up...

I heard that the thieves are also tapping into the gas tanks themselves. They get under the car, tap a hole into it and drain the gas that way. My car has a locking door over the gas cap and someone tried to pry it open. :-o

I wonder if thieves will lug around wrench or a socket to loosen bolts on the license plate? My car has bolts on the license plates instead of screws.

Kalista

This is a great posting, my parents got their sticker stolen from their license plate, disappointed they were...people can't afford to get their own sticker and then steals someone else sticker. I never knew people would steals someone else license plate for heaven sake, this is awful, there's a lots of theft out there, dishonest people, I don't approved of stealing, I'm against it. I don't trusted anyone especially dishonest people.
:gpost:

Yes the gas station do locked their pump unless it being paid for then they unlocked the pump for people to pumps their gas, but some people would tell the clerk and say I gotta filled it up and I don't know how much it would cost then the clerk unlocked the pump then they pumped and take off, hope the clerk know better not to allow them to pump without paying first or hold a driver's license, I went to the clerk and said I needs to fill it up, they ask for my driver's license and that works for me.

A woman said her son found his license plate missing so he called the police to file a report. They told him people were stealing the plates to get free gas. Given the rise in gas prices, people have taken to stealing license plates, putting them on a their car (same make and model), then getting gas and running. The gas station will have "your" license plate # and you could be in trouble for "pump and run." Check your car periodically to be sure you still have a plate. If you should find it missing, file a report immediately!!! Keep an eye on your license plate! Make sure you always know it's there! When the license plate is reported as the "drive off vehicle," it's YOU they contact! Be aware!!!! Be aware of your license plates, most of us never look to see if the plates are there or not. :rl:

Pass this on to everyone you know (Even if they don't have a car) They can pass it on to their friends with cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a great posting, my parents got their sticker stolen from their license plate, disappointed they were...people can't afford to get their own sticker and then steals someone else sticker. I never knew people would steals someone else license plate for heaven sake, this is awful, there's a lots of theft out there, dishonest people, I don't approved of stealing, I'm against it. I don't trusted anyone especially dishonest people.
:gpost:

Yes the gas station do locked their pump unless it being paid for then they unlocked the pump for people to pumps their gas, but some people would tell the clerk and say I gotta filled it up and I don't know how much it would cost then the clerk unlocked the pump then they pumped and take off, hope the clerk know better not to allow them to pump without paying first or hold a driver's license, I went to the clerk and said I needs to fill it up, they ask for my driver's license and that works for me.

you should take a razor and slice your sticker.... that way - they won't be able to peel it off in one piece. ha ha ha ha

Back