Justice for my friend Becky?

Beowulf

Premium Member
Reaction score
In the early 70's Becky and I were inseparable until one day she was missing and never found since. She was such an interesting and dynamic lady, full of life and good humor, and I counted myself very fortunate to be among her friends. We would hang out together, going camping and hiking, and all my friends adored her. To make a long story short, she did not turn up one morning where she worked at Ernie's Steakhouse, and I was beside myself with worry. I knew what happened to her but couldn't prove it; she was last seen with this sonofabitch Johnny Wright, and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he killed her and disposed of her body somewhere.
Johnny Wright disappeared from this town a long time ago, but yesterday I saw a newspaper article announcing his arrest in Georgia. He will be brought here to stand trial, and I am going through emotional turmoil thinking about it. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Wright jailed in Georgia on felony charge | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

I will never forget Becky.

The Charley Project: Rebecca Doisy

Last edited:
Finally, after all these years, justice may be served.....he looks like a "low life"...
Maybe the upcoming conviction will ease ur thoughts somewhat, knowing that they finally caught him.

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Becky.

I hope she will finally get justice.

Stay strong; that's the best thing you can do for Becky's memory.

Do you think you'll be called upon to testify?

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend Becky.

I hope she will finally get justice.

Stay strong; that's the best thing you can do for Becky's memory.

Do you think you'll be called upon to testify?

I am sure I will. Tomorrow I will let the authorities know I will do whatever they ask. And I agree about staying strong, but today it is difficult.

I am sure I will. Tomorrow I will let the authorities know I will do whatever they ask. And I agree about staying strong, but today it is difficult.
:hug:

I am sure it is difficult. You have been waiting so long to see justice served and to have some closure in your beloved friend's murder.

If it were me, I would be shaking all over.

Take care of yourself, get sleep, eat right and avoid stress for now.

I'm sorry, Beo; I will pray for positive closure for you and everyone who knew Becky.

Glad to hear they got this lowlife off the street. I hope you are able to help put him away for a long time.

Like Tousi, I will pray for positive closure as well.

I hope you finally get justice for her. :hug:

I am so sorry about your friend Becky. I hope this guy will be rotten in jail for rest of his life. My best friend Becky from childhood passed away last year so when I read yours and I think of her and your friend too. My heart goes to you.

I'm sorry to hear that and it's extremely upsetting, I can relate to that. I hope Becky gets her justice and also comfort you with knowing that the evil man is now behind the bars.

I am sorry and my heart goes out to you. I will be rooting for Becky's justice. :hug:

Thanks, everyone. I talked with a couple detectives assigned to the case and gave them information which may prove useful. Sadly though, the case remains weak because of lack of evidence. I am not giving up hope, though.

Beowulf,
Sorry to hear about your friend Becky. I hope the man in question will provide answers. Let's hope justice will be prevail.

Hang in there.

If this may help, lighting a candle does help me when a hard situation arises.

Hang in there. Becky is definitely blessed to have a friend like you; during her life and in the spiritual world.

I'm sorry, Beowulf. I hope you can find some peace now.

If I may, I lost a dear friend of mine back in 2007. Different scenerio. She was killed by a drunk and drugged driver. The lady responsible pled no contest and she was put in prison for 4 yrs. Not long enough, but, it is what it is.

Anyway, I'm trying to say this.... Whatever the outcome of the trial, remember your friend. The scum that took your friends' life doesn't deserve your time or energy. After my friend died, I was very angry at the total disregard for her life. I was also angry that the killer only got four years of prison time. However, I had to realize that *I* had to go on. That I could not change anything. Not only that, but my friend would NOT want me to be bitter about it. It wasn't easy to put certain feelings aside and let them go, but, I did.

Your friend will always be in your thoughts. Let the courts decide the fate of the person who killed her. Even if it's not the outcome you hope for, KNOW that justice will prevail; regardless. Karma has a way of getting people...

Hang in there and I wish you the best. :hug:

Thanks for the update.

The wheels of justice grind slowly. :(

Back