Justice Department plans to sue over Arizona law

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about some kind of massive detonation to plug the hole?

Detonation within a geological formation hoping that the explosion would create enough of a compression "blast loading" to literally squeeze the buried drill pipe cutting off the flow. Is that what you're referring to? Or the massive amount of heat released in an explosion that would seal the porous formation?

it is also my understanding that this oil reservoir underneath the earth's surface had enough pressure that when it ruptured, it blew up the oil rig a mile above it.

And it is still gushing out.

It is .... disheartening. It is also obvious that nobody knows how to stop it.

Cleaning it up is going to be another matter entirely.

Detonation within a geological formation hoping that the explosion would create enough of a compression "blast loading" to literally squeeze the buried drill pipe cutting off the flow. Is that what you're referring to? Or the massive amount of heat released in an explosion that would seal the porous formation?

I think the latter, Koko...the melting of rockbed, etc

No, I know Steinhauer has enough command of our mother tongue to know I was asking for a fuller explanation and he gave me one.

wrong one. erroneous one too.

Well, that amount of heat released through kinetic energy would also cause elastic deformation of the geologic formation in the process as well. Energy travels much further and with higher intensity in dense materials such as rock, releasing enough energy could also deform and affect nearby unaffected drilled wells, too. Plus releasing that amount of energy deep in the sea bed known for it's porous and naturally leaking oil could also change or stop leaking affecting many sea creatures on the sea bottom who rely on chemical synthesis such as oil and methane to survive.

Well, that amount of heat released through kinetic energy would also cause elastic deformation of the geologic formation in the process as well. Energy travels much further and with high intensity in dense materials such as rock, releasing enough energy could also deform and affect nearby unaffected drilled wells, too. Plus releasing that amount of energy deep in the sea bed known for it's porous and naturally leaking oil could also change or stop leaking affecting many sea creatures on the sea bottom who rely on chemical synthesis such as oil and methane to survive.

Yeah, I saw a lot of skepticism in an article I was reading about that. Thanks, Koko....

Yeah, I saw a lot of skepticism in an article I was reading about that. Thanks, Koko....

Tousi, did you know Kevin Costner and his brother made a machine that separates oil from water? They had the patent for 17 years but no one was interested. BP just bought some from Kevin Costner.

If they had several heavy duty machines like this and some oil tankers, they could just filter the oil out.

Kevin Costner's Gulf Oil Clean Up Solution - How It Works

Steinhauer is who I am talking about, too. Where did you get the idea I wasn't? All the comments are connected. You need your beauty sleep about now, methinks.

I guess you're interested in erroneous information then. that's fine. :dunno:

Tousi, did you know Kevin Costner and his brother made a machine that separates oil from water? They had the patent for 17 years but no one was interested. BP just bought some from Kevin Costner.

If they had several heavy duty machines like this and some oil tankers, they could just filter the oil out.

Kevin Costner's Gulf Oil Clean Up Solution - How It Works

Yes, I saw that earlier somewhere, prolly by yourself. I'm just getting over a detonation about a mile down, lol.

Thanks, tho....

Yes, I saw that earlier somewhere, prolly by yourself. I'm just getting over a detonation about a mile down, lol.

Thanks, tho....

I agree ... a bomb is much more cool! :lol:

Koko doesn't think that would work but if an explosion of that magnitude was possible, then maybe atomic would be better.....

The nukes used by the commies worked to seal off gas leaks. None have been tried on an oil leak though.

I am still thinking about the Iraqi oil fires that took years to put out .... :shock:

with that much oil to burn ..... yowza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back