Just want to say hi!!!

Asleep

Reaction score
I am a hearie, currenty taking the beginning ASL. I am here to get better at ASL, make friends and learn more about the community and culture.
I am from the bay area, california.

:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Are you asleep in California like being bore and trying to stay awake on the computer? :hmm:

Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I had been reading the site for a few days before I decided to register and post.
I took the name asleep because I felt like I had been "asleep" or ignorant of the deaf world. I signed up for ASL a few weeks ago because I thought the language was beautiful, but I didn't know or acknowledge anything else beyond that. I was ignorant of your identity, your culture, your struggles and everything else.

So here I am, hoping to learn more about your world and be accepted.
I'll take off my coat and stay around for awhile here.

Hello to everyone in the house :wave:

Thank you for all the warm welcomes.

I took the name asleep because I felt that I was 'asleep' or ignorant and unaware of the Deaf world and culture.

So here I am, hoping to learn more about the people, the language, the community and the culture.
I'll take off my coat and stay around for awhile.

Hello again to everyone in the house !!!

Thank you for all the warm welcomes.

I took the name asleep because I felt that I was 'asleep' or ignorant and unaware of the Deaf world and culture.

So here I am, hoping to learn more about the people, the language, the community and the culture.
I'll take off my coat and stay around for awhile.

Hello again to everyone in the house !!!

At the bold statement, thank you for clearing that up for me. I never knew it is a way of phrasing the word "asleep" for ignoring or not aware of the Deaf World and Deaf Culture. I get it. Yes, I want you to stay around as long as you like.

Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

don't be surprised if you encounter pricks and assholes around here. Oh also, refuse any requests to see your b00bs. They shouldn't get it that easy. :P :)

Did you know there's deaf pizza social in Fremont once every month?

No, but I happen to study at the Starbucks place in Santa Clara that hold a deaf event once every month also. So I am going to that one instead. I do know there are schools and churches for the Deaf community in Fremont.
I don't plan to socialize that much anytime soon because my ASL is at totter101 level right now - maybe in a few months. We'll see

Back