Just train pictures and train stories

There are escalators & elevators to get to the street level. So just walk to another area and use them.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Not where I'm headed to-- the CTA. The main doors is the most direct access to the #151 Sheridan bus, and if I used a side entrance, I would have to walk half a block back to where I needed to board. Doesn't make sense.

LoveBlue-- you must be talking about this one. It's the only one there is, and it complicates my plans-- buses are to the west of here.

Union_3.jpg

I would have to walk all the way back to the Main Building to hop on the bus. Doesn't make sense, because the buses are over on Canal.

That would be a f… scary, perhaps too many people get used to it like the world's most deadly road in bolivia, they were used to it.

Nope, its the only way in/out to those peoples homes. I will have to get pics and vids of it soon. And I still cant believe tracks across a highway, across a boulevard, across a route, but a multi lane highway/freeway I doubt it. Ive never seen tracks cross a highway and I have traveled to many states. Im talking major interstates/highways, not the back country roadways and throughways.

There's an escalator that's right at the entrance on Canal. I used it when I was there in Oct. And I think there's an elevator there too.

There's an escalator that's right at the entrance on Canal. I used it when I was there in Oct. And I think there's an elevator there too.

If there is, I don't know where.

I see it, but that's not the one I want. That heads another direction. The stairs are the best.

I see it, but that's not the one I want. That heads another direction. The stairs are the best.

You said Canal Street. These are right in the middle of the block.
But if you'd rather drag your bags up the steep stairs, go right ahead.

That would be a f… scary, perhaps too many people get used to it like the world's most deadly road in bolivia, they were used to it.

Yes, and whats even scarier is.... the speed limit drop is like 10 feet before it starts curving, those who come onto it from the side road across a train track ( the way I go) you dont see it and for those who never been there before its a hazzard waiting to happen. My stepdaughters ex lived over there and I would not allow her to drive with my son in the carseat strapped in back...( better rephased here, I wouldnt let her take my son over there ) shes a typical teen. At night its extremely dark, no street lighting and people who know it well enough speed and cross the double lines to hang onto the road...just complete idiots live over there.

You said Canal Street. These are right in the middle of the block.
But if you'd rather drag your bags up the steep stairs, go right ahead.

I'll be all right. No major missteps have happened-- yet. If one does, I'll have my ntouch mobile ready. Never leave home without it.

Image you sit driving about a mile or two from that end and you noticed traffic jam, its fairly easy to assume that there is another idiot got killed for ignoring so huge warning sign. Scary!

Yes, and whats even scarier is.... the speed limit drop is like 10 feet before it starts curving, those who come onto it from the side road across a train track ( the way I go) you dont see it and for those who never been there before its a hazzard waiting to happen. My stepdaughters ex lived over there and I would not allow her to drive with my son in the carseat strapped in back...( better rephased here, I wouldnt let her take my son over there ) shes a typical teen. At night its extremely dark, no street lighting and people who know it well enough speed and cross the double lines to hang onto the road...just complete idiots live over there.

Image you sit driving about a mile or two from that end and you noticed traffic jam, its fairly easy to assume that there is another idiot got killed for ignoring so huge warning sign. Scary!

Ill get pictures soon, just remind me if i forget.

Well, yeah. I'm referring to how they sleep when there's a train going through the street at night. There aren't any quiet zones there that I know of, but I could be wrong.

I lived for 8 years within 500 yards of a very busy line (with diesel trains), and currently live right next to a subway station that also services streetcars.

Honestly, hybrid buses when they accelerate are several times noisier than a streetcar going past.

What's more, you get used to living next to something like that, the noise becomes just background noise. One of my friends lived in an apartment in Cardiff with his window facing onto the main line and also the line between Central and Queen Street which was notorious for being a tight bend and had a train each way every five minutes. You really do just get used to it.

GO Transit here in Ontario is finally electrifying their network. This site has a lot of very detailed and interesting information about the pros and cons of various types of motive power for trains:
GO Electrification Study - Fact Sheet

If you click on the 'Get Informed' link at the top there's more pages too, but that's the best one.

One thing I noticed is they talk of difficulty getting bi-level EMUs in North America and Caltrain having to get special permission to run a European-built model on their network... they didn't notice the Metra ones that Chicagoblue has been posting when doing their case studies?

GO Transit here in Ontario is finally electrifying their network. This site has a lot of very detailed and interesting information about the pros and cons of various types of motive power for trains:
GO Electrification Study - Fact Sheet

If you click on the 'Get Informed' link at the top there's more pages too, but that's the best one.

One thing I noticed is they talk of difficulty getting bi-level EMUs in North America and Caltrain having to get special permission to run a European-built model on their network... they didn't notice the Metra ones that Chicagoblue has been posting when doing their case studies?

You noticed. I'm impressed.

Sometimes when they design something and find something else that is really in the way, often they have no choice but sometimes risk something so dangerous or deadly.

Perfect example is the Fenway baseball field, they can't expand due to something else that is blocking the expansion.

Also, other where I used to grew up with plenty of tunnels. I am not afraid of tunnel and what a rush driving 100MPH into tunnel hole (Yes my wife got scare shitless) anyway when I got under Boston (Tunnel) I can't believe they got entrance and exits within tunnel itself. Wondering what happens if there are an accident, Major clean up?

*Gulps* If the CTA did that, there'd be a fiasco downtown. Granted, they can't be doing this. That's asking for an astronomical death toll, and a bad reputation.

Back