Just me....newbie

Quiet1njersey

Reaction score
:wave:Hello all,

Okay first things... I'm not deaf, or anything. I'm just a person that is on the path of learning sign language. I want to start my classes in September (long road ahead of me).

My reasoning...
I worked in retail and came across many customers who are deaf and needed assistance. Many of my co-workers didn't want to help because we worked on commission and it takes too much time to complete the sale. As for me, I jump to the opportunity to help. I don't like being discriminated against, so I wouldn't do it to anyone else (past experiences:aw:).

What I'm looking for...
Just advice and maybe friendship. I know once I start my classes, I'm going to need some friends to help me continue my skills. So far, I looking into what schools to attend (in North Jersey or NYC). If anyone has any advice, please feel free to message me. Any feedback would be grateful...

Maurice

:welcome: to Alldeaf and hope your classes will help you to learn sign language to communicate with customers in some time in the future. :)

:welcome: to AD! What u did at your job with the deaf customers was wonderful! good luck on your journey with learning ASL. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Back