Jury Duty...

Whatever it is, I hope you will have the courage to serve the country by just show up, and go though jury selection questionnaires, if they find you unfit to be jury, they won't have problem excuse you. That is how it works, but asking for excuse before actually go in court room and find out about the case is somewhat not acceptable. What if the case is something you can give fair trial and that opportunity would be forever lost. It is entirely up to you.

For example what if the defendant is actually Deaf, you don't know that person, but no Deaf juror willing to hear the case, how can Deaf defendant get fair trial? All hearing jurors which could easily oppressed that defendant and may end up giving that defendant unfair trial. It is pretty much like… will the black female with ugly teeth, overweight, and so on accused of x number of charges get fair trial if all jurors are young white male, and is living on high salary?

Diversity is key to fair trial.

Well, the reason why I had the medical waiver was because my nighttime meds knock me out, and makes it extremely hard to get up in the morning. They were asking me to be there at 9 AM sharp, and with the high dosage of my medicine, there was no way I could make it there in time.

Get waive from jury duty because you are deaf, is inexcusable. :mad:

When the court found out how hoh I was they did not want me to do jury duty . I was afraid I would not understand what being said and that would not had been fair for the for either side and the court felt the same way. They never called on me again.

Is that the reason? I don't want to bite you at all, but it does not sound acceptable excuse. Know why? Why not take meds earlier in the evening and knock out cold EARLIER so that you can get up earlier in the morning. Whats the reason for staying up late at night? Get the drift?

Well, the reason why I had the medical waiver was because my nighttime meds knock me out, and makes it extremely hard to get up in the morning. They were asking me to be there at 9 AM sharp, and with the high dosage of my medicine, there was no way I could make it there in time.

Is that the reason? I don't want to bite you at all, but it does not sound acceptable excuse. Know why? Why not take meds earlier in the evening and knock out cold EARLIER so that you can get up earlier in the morning. Whats the reason for staying up late at night? Get the drift?

Because I'm supposed to take them when they're supposed to be taken, and if I took them at 8 PM, and had to be at 26th anf California by 9 AM, I would have to be up at 2:30 in the morning, and leave my house by 4:30 AM, all while stil under the influence of my meds. Make sense now?

I am sorry, I don't think it is acceptable, because taking medicine on time is not really mandatory, what if you fly to different time zone, what are you going to do?

Here my time it is now 10:32PM, your time now is 9:32PM, Mountain time is now 8:32PM, California is now 7:32pm, Hawaii is now at 5:32pm. What are you going to do with meds if you fly to Hawaii?

Because I'm supposed to take them when they're supposed to be taken, and if I took them at 8 PM, and had to be at 26th anf California by 9 AM, I would have to be up at 2:30 in the morning, and leave my house by 4:30 AM, all while stil under the influence of my meds. Make sense now?

I am sorry, I don't think it is acceptable, because taking medicine on time is not really mandatory, what if you fly to different time zone, what are you going to do?

Here it is 10:32PM, your time is 9:32PM, Mountain time is 8:32PM, California is now 7:32pm, Hawaii is 5:32pm. What are you going to do with meds if you fly to Hawaii?

Yeah-- I can't fly, so not worried about that. And I satisfied the court, so to me, (and them) the issue is a non-issue.

You should go bed early if you have plan in next morning.

You should go bed early if you have plan in next morning.

Wouldn't have made a difference. I am a heavy sleeper, and cannot wake up easily. People here at my house have told me that people have pounded on my door for 30 or more minutes, and I never heard them. That is how deeply I sleep.

Here my time it is now 10:32PM, your time now is 9:32PM, Mountain time is now 8:32PM, California is now 7:32pm, Hawaii is now at 5:32pm. What are you going to do with meds if you fly to Hawaii?

Jury duty in California from Illinois? :hmm:

Wouldn't have made a difference. I am a heavy sleeper, and cannot wake up easily. People here at my house have told me that people have pounded on my door for 30 or more minutes, and I never heard them. That is how deeply I sleep.

Some people have same problem as you, but they tried to wake up really hard for work.

Some people have same problem as you, but they tried to wake up really hard for work.

Yeah, but they're not taking the same meds I am, which has the capability to knock me out for up to 12 hours, and possibly more. Even if I could get up at 2:30 AM, I would be extremely tired and unfocused, and this being Chicago, that's a bad combination.

A few months ago the court made the mistake or really idk if its a mistake or just that people are chosen randomely. BUt I was asked to be a juror for a case i was witness on.... Another time i got called in i got kicked out cuz i knew the lawyers and the judge and got to admit it woudl make me super bias.

A few months ago the court made the mistake or really idk if its a mistake or just that people are chosen randomely. BUt I was asked to be a juror for a case i was witness on.... Another time i got called in i got kicked out cuz i knew the lawyers and the judge and got to admit it woudl make me super bias.

Yeah, that's not supposed to happen .

I've been called into Jury Duty quite a few times, but never called into the Jury box. but I've become an expert on the waiting game as they pick the people into the box. Bring plenty of snacks (DO NOT EAT IT IN THE COURT ROOM), bring a book, and find out the wifi ASAP (of course don't have the phone on in the court room too).

I'm always nervous to get picked, but by midday of still waiting, I'm frustrated because I'm so bored.

Whatever it is, I hope you will have the courage to serve the country by just show up, and go though jury selection questionnaires, if they find you unfit to be jury, they won't have problem excuse you. That is how it works, but asking for excuse before actually go in court room and find out about the case is somewhat not acceptable. What if the case is something you can give fair trial and that opportunity would be forever lost. It is entirely up to you.

For example what if the defendant is actually Deaf, you don't know that person, but no Deaf juror willing to hear the case, how can Deaf defendant get fair trial? All hearing jurors which could easily oppressed that defendant, just because he/she is Deaf and may end up giving that defendant unfair trial. It is pretty much like… will the black female with ugly teeth, overweight, and so on accused of x number of charges get fair trial if all jurors are young white male, and is living on high salary, while the rest of prospective jurors finds way to get excused from serve the duty?

Diversity is key to fair trial.

uh... what's so courageous about showing up for jury duty? it's nothing heroic or something....

Witness to a crime related to the case they choose you as juror is always excused from jury duty, there is reason for that.

WTF your talking about? Courage have nothing to do with serving jury duty.

fight4.jpg

You and Jiro

Back