Jupiter's stormy Great Red Spot is shrinking

That planet form something inside that we don't dare to see.

Oh no... it's Omicron closing his eye and getting ready to transform into a planet eater!

After all, Jupiter is the biggest planet. :Ohno:

Very interesting...I always wonder what Jupiter really looks like there. I hope someday they would send a robot and take photos of the surroundings in Jupiter like they did with Mars.

I wonder how long it takes to launch the robot to Jupiter...so far I know it takes about 5 months for the men to go to the moon and 5 years to go to Mars. Jupiter obviously would be alot longer than that lol.

Very interesting...I always wonder what Jupiter really looks like there. I hope someday they would send a robot and take photos of the surroundings in Jupiter like they did with Mars.

I wonder how long it takes to launch the robot to Jupiter...so far I know it takes about 5 months for the men to go to the moon and 5 years to go to Mars. Jupiter obviously would be alot longer than that lol.

Um, no.

It takes 3 days for our astronauts to reach the moon from Earth. It can be done quicker, as the linked article shows, it wasn't used for the Apollo landings.

How Long Does it Take to get to the Moon? | Universe Today

Mars manned mission times that I've read are closer to 2 year trips "for whole time in space". That would be the trip there, the trip back, and however long was spent on the surface.

Then again, other articles I've seen put us closer to 6 months just for the one way trip.

Human Travel to Mars May Happen Sooner Than Expected, Scientists Say

Jupiter wouldn't be that bad either. A source I'm linking thinks we can make it in 18 months, one way. The BBC link has great info about the other planets too, including travel time from Earth.

BBC - Science & Nature - Space - Jupiter

And these are all times for "astronaut" speeds. Unmanned probes can go a heckuva lot faster and get there a lot sooner.

Did you know? Jupiter have no surface that mean you or equipment cannot stand on Jupiter at all. Same as Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.

I still think that Neptune is "water world". Maybe Uranus, too.

DUH! You should be able to recognize the largest planet in our solar system. :roll:

I wonder...if there is a planet that is much bigger than Jupiter somewhere in the galaxy?

Could be possible.

The great red spot is a big hurricane on Jupiter with susbtained winds, I believe up to 500 mph. Maybe the hurricane is finally coming to an end.

The great red spot is a big hurricane on Jupiter with susbtained winds, I believe up to 500 mph. Maybe the hurricane is finally coming to an end.

Yeah it is like supersized hurricane but with no solid ground on Jupiter, I guess you basically could go thru the planet. It's a gaseous planet, weird.

That's old news.
I read Sky and Telescope magazine in few years ago.
One month ago, I saw this subject at Yahoo's front page online

That's old news.
I read Sky and Telescope magazine in few years ago.
One month ago, I saw this subject at Yahoo's front page online

If it was old news, why didn't you post it here????????????????? :P :P

The comments on CNN website about the Jupiter Red Spot are hilarious. Lots of dumbasses taking it out on each other and saying the dumbest things ever.

up to 500 mph?? Holy crap lol dont think that exist on our planet Earth, no? With the speed, that is.

up to 500 mph?? Holy crap lol dont think that exist on our planet Earth, no? With the speed, that is.

nope we don't lol. the fastest speed we have in here is mostly 200-300 mph.

Back