Job Scam????

WhiteWolves64

Reaction score
When i received this from my e-mail about cleaning job position from Craigslist ad and i believe it is a scam! :shock: I need your opinion about this?

Thanks for your email and respond toward the Cleaner position. I'm Nicholas Lachocha My wife's name is Maria Lachocha and my son's name is James Lachocha. We are relocating to your city from Redding California, I'm on contract with Environmental Protection Agency on a private research work ,So i need someone who could help me take care of the house by doing some house work while am off to work. Someone that will also help in running some errands.

I will be offering you $400 weekly, i will be needing your services for three hours at any suitable time of yours , Mondays through Fridays. I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and good person.

My financier will be handling the payment and some other expenses,so he will be the one that will be taking care of your payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first week before my arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more weeks but i will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the first week.

My financier will be making out a cashier check to you before my arrival, you will be receiving a cashier check of $2,450 out which you will deducting your first week salary which is $400 and the remaining funds is for our household materials and other things needed in the house ,you will getting materials on the day of our arrival which is January 20 2011.

We'll have a night flight, so you will be getting the household materials in the morning and making all other preparations. I will also instruct my estate agent to mail the Apartment address and keys of the apartment to you so that you can do all other necessary preparations before we arrive.

My financier would be needing the following Information to mail out the cashier check to you

1......Full Name
2......Address:
3......City:
4......State:
5......Zip code:
6......Valid Phone Number:
7......Did you accept my offer?
8......GENDER:
9......D.O.B:
10.....MARITAL STATUS:
11.....BEST TIME TO CALL:
12.....PRESENT JOB STATUS/POSITION:

All i need from you is total honesty and sincerity. I know you will be committed to the work, You will also have a nice period of working with my family. I will be waiting to hear from you.
Cheers

Nicholas Lachocha

Scam. Similar ads are in CL all over the place.

Glenn, oh yeah i am familiar with that as i have seen those so many times until got it last night which i was trying to apply for a job but it turns out to be scam which i did not reply back to that person!!!

More likely it is a scam! Don't reply him back, just block him.

LakeTahoe..... Yeah that's why i did not reply back at all.

that is scam! you don't rely back no way!

Smithtr.... Yes indeed it is scam! That's what i am doing not to reply back to that person who sent it to me.

Sounds too good to be true. Yep, it's a scam.

Yeah sounds too good to be true!!!! That reminds of mine was about 4 or 5 years ago, someone responded my ad from craigslist for the coffee table that i was trying to selling for 25 dollars and that person who was from New Jersey contacted me through yahoo instant message (YIM) to discuss about how to send the table to her once i get the cashier check of $4k or something and wants me to cash the check at any banks which i do not have any bank account at all and keep $400 or something and send the rest of money to her by western union that made me so exciting to see how much the money was when i opened the envelope of the cashier check. So, we went to the US Bank and tried to cash the check but one of the teller spotted it and went to manager about this check and told us to go to the manager and the manager explained to us what's going on.... And showed us this cashier check was fake or counterfeit and told us to call detective or sheriff but we told the manager that we cannot hear the phone and she took care of the calls and the detective/sheriff came to the bank and we told him what's going on with this cashier check and also told him to come to our apartment to show him the conversation between me and the woman who from NJ and i printed all the conversation and gave to sheriff. Good thing we did not arrest for this counterfeit cashier check from that woman. And that woman from NJ turned out from Nigeria. :shock: I know nowadays are much worse in everywhere! SIGH!!!!

SCAM for sure. My cousin just dealt with a similar person moving here from England who offered him a job as a chef. We cannot really figure out how it works, but why would a total stranger trust you with almost $3000?? I am assuming he just wants your private information to do whatever with.
I'd report this person to Craigslist.

SCAM for sure. My cousin just dealt with a similar person moving here from England who offered him a job as a chef. We cannot really figure out how it works, but why would a total stranger trust you with almost $3000?? I am assuming he just wants your private information to do whatever with.
I'd report this person to Craigslist.
This is it. They want information to steal your identity.

How did you try to apply for a job? By posting a resume or something on Craigslist? There's other possibilities but that would mostly be the instigator doing stuff.

Rule of Thumb: Always meet in person to discuss transaction stuff.

Obviously employment requires proper documentation like Federal W-4's. Do not give this away in an e-mail. I'm even hesitant to post job-related resume's and applications. look for "https:" at the beginning of your link and the site you're looking at. Everytime personal information is put in your internet browser, be very aware who you're giving it to.

For other merchandise/services (especially on Craigslist), just meet up and exchange money/goods/services there.

Back