job interview worries

fairymist

Reaction score
I got a second job interview.the first one they said they were very interested. Its for teachign a kindergarten class in a preschool. I sure could use the fulltime job. Anyway, I'm worried becasue I don't know if I should tell these people that I have a hearing loss at my next interview. See my hearing is getting worse and I think I'm going to have a hard time understanding the kids. At the same time, I've been teaching so long, I know that I can do a good job- its' just getting them to believe that I can.I also will have a teaching assistant. I'm afraid that I won't get the job if I tell them about the hearing loss. On the other hand its a christian school. If Idon't tell them they may believe me to be dishonest and religious entities are not bound by the same laws in hiring pratices that public ones are, so I'm not sure how to handle this. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas.I was going to talk to a counselor from my local deaf and hard of hearing outreach program, but she cancelled the appointment for this week- out sick I believe- and the interview is tomorrow.any suggestions or ideas?
Fairymist

Just be honest with it. I work for the private school as a kitchen helper sure I do have problem understand students but I always got help from my co workers. :D Maybe they can hire interpeter for you or find another way to solve the situation. Dont be hard on yourself. Just be yourself and believe yourself. :hug: Good luck!!!

Thanks Pomeranian

I got the job- they were already planning to hire me when I went in there and even better, they offered me a better posisiotn. I'm gonna be a teacher mentor!!! Fairymist

fairymist said:
Thanks Pomeranian

I got the job- they were already planning to hire me when I went in there and even better, they offered me a better posisiotn. I'm gonna be a teacher mentor!!! Fairymist

You're very welcome. I am glad u got the job. See that wasnt hard after all of your worry. :giggle:

I didn't take the job afterall. I had two interviews with 3 different people. The 2nd interview was with the assistant director and she lied about the pay. She also told me what my duties would be. She was trying to get me to do her job for her. The director said that she didn't know the assistant director had told me all of those things. I was also very concerned becasue she had so many teachers giving notice to leave. That along with the lies I was told didn't sit well with me so I guess I will just keep on searching. Fairymist

Back