It's that time again - AllDeaf Platform Upgrade

But you don't know why people left that forum. Don't assume anything you know nothing about. And while nothing seemed broken here, forum owners can do whatever they well please. (I left out the "damn well please.) Quit your griping.
Some actually said they were leaving because of the switch and left and so far have not returned. HAF also had an ownership of the forum, so some may of left do to that also.

Same holds true if you remove the HERE part out of my comment.

As AC said, you don't know why people left- unless they explicitly said so in a post. Sure some leave 'because the forum layout/software sucks' but it's still on the person, not the software.
You could turn it around and say the software is the reason for the people leaving. Some actually came on after the switch, said the new site sucked and they were leaving do to the new format and so far they have not returned. Without actually contacting each person and asking them why they left the answer to their reason will be left unanswered.

On a different note: the new format on Alldeaf is similar but not so complicated as that found on the HAF.

Seb, why be so picky about what other forums do? Alex has already done his upgrade here, and if people leave because of that, so what? What's YOUR concern? Personally, I like this upgrade. I won't be leaving. I could not care less who leaves other forums.

Why are members picking on another because he expressed is opinion on the new software and backed it up with a mention of another site that is using the same software? It’s a common thing to mention something similar when discussing things.

What I don't get is why the need to bring up oh.. never mind... I think AC said it better than me.

AD's looks almost the same as before other than a slight change in layout.

Hope it all goes well! Just curious, is there a reason for the upgrade? Just new software updates or ?
When I saw how much cleaner and more-user friendly the new version was, I knew I had to upgrade soonr or later. The time has come and I hope you're enjoying it so far.
so far don't like it...
Give it some time then report back. I know many, including me, don't like changes. I just had to due to the reasons mentioned above.
It's not bad, looks like I have to get used to the new layout once again. I'll see how it goes after a while.
How are you liking it so far? The mod tools are a lot easier to use. Are you game? ;)

How are you liking it so far? The mod tools are a lot easier to use. Are you game? ;)

I've noticed it's more easier to post pictures here than the last version. Any chance for the dark background color? Sure, I'm in the game. :)

I've noticed it's more easier to post pictures here than the last version. Any chance for the dark background color? Sure, I'm in the game. :)
Yes, a black theme for AD is definitely in the works. I'll PM within the next few days. :)

This upgrade is much better, hardly any lagging on mobile browser on AD. :)

Out of curiosity, was there something wrong with the previous server? I hadn't noticed anything, really.

Back