Islam and America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed's wife

Reaction score
:ugh3: Salam, I thought this would be interesting for you to be aware of.

"My name is Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El and I am a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. I am known as Eagle Sun Walker. I serve as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.

There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people.

For most Muslims and non-Muslims of today, this type of information is unknown and has never been mentioned in any of the history books. There are many documents, treaties, legislation and resolutions that were passed between 1600s and 1800s that show that Muslims were in fact here and were very active in the comunities in which they lived. Treaties such as Peace and Friendship that was signed on the Delaware River in the year 1787 bear the signatures of Abdel-Khak and Muhammad Ibn Abdullah. This treaty details our continued right to exist as a community in the areas of commerce, maritime shipping, current form of government at that time which was in accordance with Islam. According to a federal court case from the Continental Congress, we help put the breath of life in to the newly framed constitution. All of the documents are presently in the National Archives as well as the Library of Congress.

If you have access to records in the state of South Carolina, read the Moors Sundry Act of 1790. In a future article, Inshallah, I will go in to more details about the various tribes, their languages; in which some are influenced by Arabic, Persian, Hebrew words. Almost all of the tribes vocabulary include the word Allah. The traditional dress code for Indian women includes the kimah and long dresses. For men, standard fare is turbans and long tops that come down to the knees. If you were to look at any of the old books on Cherokee clothing up until the time of 1832, you will see the men wearing turbans and the women wearing long head coverings. The last Cherokee chief who had a Muslim name was Ramadhan Ibn Wati of the Cherokees in 1866.

Cities across the United States and Canada bear names that are of Indian and Islamic derivation. Have you ever wondered what the name Tallahassee means? It means that He Allah will deliver you sometime in the future."

May Allah guide you.

From the official Tallahassee website:

"Tallahassee, named for the "old fields" that it once encompassed, earned the title early in the 16th century from the Apalachee Indians who inhabited the area."
Talgov.com - Government - About Tallahassee - History

From Wikipedia:

"The name "Tallahassee" is a Muskogean Indian word often translated as "old fields," or "old town." This likely stems from the Creek (later called Seminole) Indians that migrated into this region during the late 18th and early 19th centuries."

If you have access to records in the state of South Carolina, read the Moors Sundry Act of 1790.
Here's the link to the entire Act:

The Petition of the Free Moors of South Carolina

Here's the "meat" of the petition:

"A petition was presented to the House from Sundry Free Moors, Subjects of the Emperor of Morocco; and residents in this State, praying that in case they should Commit Any Fault amenable to be brought to Justice, that they as Subjects to a Prince in Alliance with the United States of America, may be tried under the same Laws as the Citizens of this State would be liable to be tried, and not under the Negro Act, which was received and read.
[The humble Petition of Francis, Daniel, Hammond and Samuel, (Free Moors) in behalf of themselves and their wives Fatima, Flora, Sarah and Clarinda, Humbly Sheweth That your Petitioners some years past had the misfortune while fighting in the defence of their Country, to be captured with their wives and made prisoners of War by one of the Kings of Africa. That a certain Captain Clark had them delivered to him on a promise that they should be redeemed by the Emperor of Morocco’s Ambassador then residing in England, in order to have them returned to their own Country: Instead of which he brought them to this State, and sold them for slaves. Since that period they have by the greatest industry been enabled to purchase their freedom from their respective Masters: And now prayeth your Honorable House, That as free born subjects of a Prince now in Alliance with these United States; that they may not be considered as subject to a Law of this State (now in force) called the negro law: but if they should unfortunately be guilty of any crime or misdemeanor against the Laws of the Land, that they may have a just trial by a Lawful Jury. And your Petitioners as in duty bound will ever pray.]"

The "Free Moors" were eight black men and women born in Africa, captured, taken from England, and sold as slaves in South Carolina. They worked hard and saved enough money to buy their freedom. They petitioned (requested) the SC legislature to consider them as legal citizens of Morocco, and deal with them as foreign residents of a friendly nation rather than as American Negroes.

Salam
Dont forget ...Indian and Islamic derivation of Tallahassee, "He Allah will deliver you sometime in the future." :) Wasalam

Interest here, native people of east and west are different.

I don't need Allah's mercy; I have God's grace, mercy, and love to save, protect, and bless me. :)

Um, Allah is God. In fact, isn't that what the Arab Christians call him too? It's true that Islam's God isn't portrayed in the same way God is in Christianity but they still are the same God whether you like it or not.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism are all branches of the same tree. Most religions in this world all point to the very same God that many of us believe in. Only there's a lot of different versions of this particular God we believe in.

I don't take offense to being blessed by a person of a different religion. Neither should you. I don't remind people that I'm not a Muslim or a Jew when they bless me with their religion. You're not going to hell if a Jew or a Muslim bless you. At least try to show some gratitude. I don't tell you to shove it when you say "God bless you". Even if you never did bless me or anybody, but I'm just saying.

Sorry for being harsh on you, but I just don't appreciate it when somebody has to imply that their religion is better than the other. It's downright rude to reject someone's blessing.

True, that jews and islam are same family tree from Abraham, but not same family afterward. That is jews/christians family Jacob, the son of Isaac, whose mother is Sarah, but islam family line from Ishmael, the son of the mother of Hagar. God chose Isaac, bec of what God has promised to Abraham from children from Sarah, not Hagar. Yeah, I don't mind if they say buddha bless me or allah bless me, but I will say to them in kind God bless.

Um, Allah is God. In fact, isn't that what the Arab Christians call him too? It's true that Islam's God isn't portrayed in the same way God is in Christianity but they still are the same God whether you like it or not.
No, the Allah of Islam is not God of Christians. They are not one and the same. Allah is not the Heavenly Father of Christ Jesus, nor is Allah a member of the Triune Godhead of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I don't take offense to being blessed by a person of a different religion. Neither should you.
If you will notice, it wasn't a "blessing". For someone to say, "may Allah have mercy on you" implies that the one addressed has committed an offense against Allah that will be judged guilty. Allah can't judge me, so I don't need his mercy. Only God can judge me.

Even in British and American law, when someone is executed for a crime, what do they say to the guilty criminal? "May God have mercy on your soul." That's NOT a blessing, is it?

It's the same idea. M.'s Wife is telling me that Allah will judge me, and she's asking for mercy for my penalty. No thanks.

I don't tell you to shove it when you say "God bless you". Even if you never did bless me or anybody, but I'm just saying.
A true blessing means the person wants good things to happen for the person blessed. That is quite different from judgment.

It's downright rude to reject someone's blessing.
It wasn't a blessing.

:ugh3: Salam, I thought this would be interesting for you to be aware of.

"My name is Mahir Abdal-Razzaaq El and I am a Cherokee Blackfoot American Indian who is Muslim. I am known as Eagle Sun Walker. I serve as a Pipe Carrier Warrior for the Northeastern Band of Cherokee Indians in New York City.

There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people.

For most Muslims and non-Muslims of today, this type of information is unknown and has never been mentioned in any of the history books. There are many documents, treaties, legislation and resolutions that were passed between 1600s and 1800s that show that Muslims were in fact here and were very active in the comunities in which they lived. Treaties such as Peace and Friendship that was signed on the Delaware River in the year 1787 bear the signatures of Abdel-Khak and Muhammad Ibn Abdullah. This treaty details our continued right to exist as a community in the areas of commerce, maritime shipping, current form of government at that time which was in accordance with Islam. According to a federal court case from the Continental Congress, we help put the breath of life in to the newly framed constitution. All of the documents are presently in the National Archives as well as the Library of Congress.

If you have access to records in the state of South Carolina, read the Moors Sundry Act of 1790. In a future article, Inshallah, I will go in to more details about the various tribes, their languages; in which some are influenced by Arabic, Persian, Hebrew words. Almost all of the tribes vocabulary include the word Allah. The traditional dress code for Indian women includes the kimah and long dresses. For men, standard fare is turbans and long tops that come down to the knees. If you were to look at any of the old books on Cherokee clothing up until the time of 1832, you will see the men wearing turbans and the women wearing long head coverings. The last Cherokee chief who had a Muslim name was Ramadhan Ibn Wati of the Cherokees in 1866.

Cities across the United States and Canada bear names that are of Indian and Islamic derivation. Have you ever wondered what the name Tallahassee means? It means that He Allah will deliver you sometime in the future."

May Allah guide you.
This really joke to me..

I don't believe this.. I asked my finacee is offical fully family member of tribe, she is american native, anyway "have you hear any muslim roots in american natives before europe people invaded nirth america?" She said, no.. I never heard it before..

This really joke to me..

I don't believe this.. I asked my finacee is offical fully family member of tribe, she is american native, anyway "have you hear any muslim roots in american natives before europe people invaded nirth america?" She said, no.. I never heard it before..

Salam
What is the name of the tribe? :ugh3: Your finacee may not know about it since she never heard about it before."There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people. "
:ugh3:
Wasalam

This really joke to me..

Me too, I wonder about it since I knew couple of full blooded native people here even one who was born on cherokee reservative in Oklahoma (full blood cherokee), plus others come from many tribes. None of them are muslims. dunno.

What Did Mohammed Think of Jesus?

By David W. Daniels

The ultimate test of any religion is its view of Jesus. Muslims may tell you that they believe in Jesus, but a closer look at their holy book, the Qur'an (Koran), shows us what they really believe about our Lord and Saviour.

The Bible tells us Jesus is the Word: "the Word was God" (John 1:1). But the Qur'an says He is only "a word" (Sura 3:45). The Bible says Jesus is the Creator (John 1:3; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:13-16). But the Qur'an describes him as one of the created (Sura 3:59).

The Bible says the Lord Jesus is superior to the prophets (Hebrews 1:1-2). The Qur'an tells us He is just another prophet. "We make no distinction between any of them," (Sura 3:84).

The Lord Jesus was crucified and shed His precious blood to wipe away our sins (Revelation 1:5). The Qur'an tells us that Jesus was not crucified at all.

"And because of their saying: 'We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger' they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them." (Sura 4:157)

The Bible tells us that Jesus is God's Son (Matthew 16:16-17; Mark 1:1; John 9:35-37; 20:31; Acts 3:26; 1 Corinthians 1:9; 2 Corinthians 1:19; Hebrews 4:14; 1 John 4:15; 5:5, 20; 2 John 1:3). The Qur'an tells us Jesus is not the son of Allah! (Sura 2:115; 4:171; 10:68-69; 18:4-5; 19:35, 88-93; 21:26; 39:4; 43:81)

"Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a Son" (Sura 17:111)

And they are right. The god they worship has no son! Allah is not God. And Jesus is the Son of God, not of Allah.

But Mohammed made a great mistake. He said Jesus is a prophet. Muslims know that prophets do not tell lies. And it never says in the Qur'an that Jesus ever lied. If Jesus told the truth, then we must listen to what He says. So what did He say?

Jesus said that He is the Son of God (John 9:35-38; 10:32-36). Jesus also told us exactly how to come to God:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

And even His apostles understood what He said: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12).

The Qur'an is correct: the Lord Jesus Christ isn't the son of Allah! He is the trustworthy Son of God. He never tells lies. And he promised us salvation if we put our faith in Him alone (John 3:16). We now know Mohammed didn't think much of Jesus. But we also know God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, doesn't think much of Mohammed, either.

Attn. Mohamed's wife

Salam
What is the name of the tribe? :ugh3: Your finacee may not know about it since she never heard about it before."There are other Muslims in our group. For the most part, not many people are aware of the Native American contact with Islam that began over one thousand years ago by some of the early Muslim travelers who visited us. Some of these Muslim travelers ended up living among our people. "
:ugh3:
Wasalam

As salaam 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah,

I would much rather have contacted you offline so that you could take the iniative to correct your posting on this issue but there was no other way to contact you.

Anyway, Allaah ta 'ala says in the Qur'an,

"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allaah, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allaah is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you may avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allaah is Ever Well*Acquainted with what you do." (An-Nisa 4:135)

The article you referenced is a hoax, and Alhamdulillaah it wasn't written by a Muslim but by a person playing Muslim and playing Indian. You can see my refutation of this article as well as Mahir El's true nature here: .Burying 'Digging for the Red Roots'

We are a group of native Muslims, natives and non-native Muslims with the goal of teaching natives about Islam and Muslims about natives. We have addressed this hoax on our group and our website as well as other subjects related to Islam & natives. We hope that you will visit so you can learn the truth about these subjects inshaa Allaah.

Turtle Island's Muslim Natives

Turtle Island Muslims

wa salaam 'alaykum wa Rahmatullaah,
Hasan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back