Is it Sign Language when you sleep? Deaf or HOH?

I do the same and I can feel my voice moving. That typically only happens when I have a nightmare though. I was raised oral when I first became deaf and I was hard of hearing for many years before I became deaf the second time, so maybe its different for me?

I don't. I don't realized it until i slept over friend's house that she said i talk in my sleep.

:lol: I talk in my sleep.

Lucky you aren't like me. I punch or move my arms in my sleep. O.o

Sometimes I would wake up because I hit the wall or knocked thing off the drawer.

Lucky it doesn't break my hand or hurt it too much it seems. It doesn't happen very often...I think? Who knows what you do in your sleep? lol

Maybe I should have set up bed without thing or wall around it, lol.

Lucky you aren't like me. I punch or move my arms in my sleep. O.o

Sometimes I would wake up because I hit the wall or knocked thing off the drawer.

Lucky it doesn't break my hand or hurt it too much it seems. It doesn't happen very often...I think? Who knows what you do in your sleep? lol

Maybe I should have set up bed without thing or wall around it, lol.

i do that too. Mom told me that.

I never thought about it for myself, but a friend of mine who has been deaf all his life says he is hearing in his dreams. I have had dreams about interpreting though, so I do HAVE sign language in my dreams...I just don't think people in my dreams communicate with it. Put me in the "telepathy" group.

I'm deaf and I have never dreamed of me signing in my dreams, I only found myself talking in my dreams, some screaming when I'm having nightmares. :giggle:

I'm hearing but people sign in my dreams. It depends. If I am with my Deafies a lot then I will dream about them like hanging out or whatever and i sign to them and they sign to me. When it first started happening it was just hands moving not real signs but i understood it like it was. Now it is real signs and real conversations. The funny thing is i never noticed before, when i dream about hearing people it is more like telepathic when they talk. I hear when they voice but i dont notice their mouths moving. I know they voice when they talk because they are hearing and so am I. Some dreams i sign to hearing people like my mom and she understands sign, which she doesnt in real life.

My mom said that seeing me sign in my sleep was like getting one side of a phone conversation.

Back