Is It Possible??

LovingLife

Reaction score
Has anyone met someone on a forum whom you now consider a close friend?

Is that possible, or do you actually have to meet in person to form a close connection/friendship?

I would say that it is possible, I have made some friendships on different forums that are more than random talk.

Is that possible, or do you actually have to meet in person to form a close connection/friendship?

On this question, I think it depends on the person and what their definition of a close friend is. Some may prefer meeting in reality to get closer (not necessarily intimately). While others might be just fine communicating through mediums.

I met one person on a Jeep forum back around 2005 or so. I don't have any close friends from any forum that I have now.

I did date a woman that I met through deafsinglesconnection back in 2008-2010

I have met several people on this forum and now I am good friends with a few of them. I introduced one of them to one of my girlfriends and they have been together for a year and half now and still going strong. :)

Never met anyone from this forum in person....but there are several that I feel would make a very good friend to me....:wave:

Oh, it would be so nice to have a close friend to whom I have met by thru here on AD. Umm, I can't think of a close friend who is a member on here but I have made a quite a few numbers of friends by thru here and have also met them in person.

Never met anyone from this forum in person....but there are several that I feel would make a very good friend to me....:wave:

Wow...well, did you know that there will have Deaf Expo in Tampa, FL which is taking place on March 2nd?

i would like to meet robin and Bot unfortunatly i in uk they in states...i would love meet derick try bikes out and give good advice on his love life which he sorely needs..try frisky maple syrup cakes..yes i could be friends with some

yeah its possible -- There are a couple here I know in person - the rest that I have "freinded" would love to meet in person someday. but who knows -- time is our enemy right now..

It is possible. It just depends on how much you and that person have shared about each other. Some would prefer to meet in person to form a close connection, some would use a go-between to form this.

I've met several members from this forum. One, I have been close friend with (way before we both were members on AD) only later to find out that we were on AD, lol.

i would like to meet robin and Bot unfortunatly i in uk they in states...i would love meet derick try bikes out and give good advice on his love life which he sorely needs..try frisky maple syrup cakes..yes i could be friends with some

:wave:...that would be cool, caz!...guessing you and I would have a riot with our jokes and laughing so hard.

Wow...well, did you know that there will have Deaf Expo in Tampa, FL which is taking place on March 2nd?

Thank you for letting me know....being a "Busy B" and with my balance problem it might not be feasible for me.

I say you can, although I also think that there will always be an aspects of a person that can never be fully conveyed through online interaction, i.e. particular mannerisms, certain elements of someone's personality, etc.. I certainly made a couple good friends online, and they have made me feel special and cared about. I guess it varies from person to person, though.

I think, though, that you have to be aware that in some cases it's easy to project your own ideas of what a person is like onto that person, when you're just interacting with them through a computer screen. I know I've probably been guilty of doing it (although unconsciously so) in the past, with people I've chatted to; I have no doubt that I did know their personalities quite well, but no doubt my imagination still embellished the overall picture I had of them to a great extent.

I think it is possible to establish the foundation of a good friendship or relationship online but, until you meet them in person, it is only a foundation. I believe you don't really know a person until you have seen them in their own environment (around their own friends and/or family) AND in your environment.

:wave:...that would be cool, caz!...guessing you and I would have a riot with our jokes and laughing so hard.

i think we would, you can tell alot about people some of us on same wave lenght,i think i would bust a gut laughing

how the smoking going robin,i got all bases covered i chewing inhaltor stuff spray up nose patches lozenges and would i like a fag,you bet ya life i do

Back